Is there a decent £300 home cinema system out there

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I'm looking to get a home cinema system that is compatible with SKY HD. I've got about the £300 to spend and would like optical out to get HD in 5.1. I've seen a couple of Panasonic systems but i'm a bit unsure on whether there is better out there. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ian

A

Anonymous

There is an excellent system for about £300 made by Pioneer. Apparently it really does perform well, on a par with more expensive seperates.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Can't comment on that Pioneer (though they made some decent one-box stuff last year), but the LG HT902TB (£270) is a fantastic system for the money.

A

Anonymous

What about the sony DAV IS10 - What hi fis product of the year in its category. £600 rrp, i just picked one up from epire direct for £388 delivered !!!!

A

Anonymous

£430 on their website today - how did you get it for 388?

A

Anonymous

My word - whether it's £388 or £430, that's incredible value for money.

However, let me add my voice to Clare's shout-out for the LG system - it's a really exceptional system for the money and looks great!

A

Anonymous

Hi mates,

It looks like I have to go for the HT902. I would have gone for the DAV IS10, but apparently my room (too big) is borderline for that model and may not have enough volume to fill my room. My other option would be separates but that's too expensive, and the apparently decent Denon setups from richer sounds has no HDMI port and comes in silver. There is no way my wife will allow that in living room where everything is in black.

Therefore my easy way out would be the LG HT902. I have just one question regarding this system: is HT902TB the-same as HT902PB. as the latter is available from comet. It seems that the only difference is the size of the front speakers. Do you think that it should make a difference? It would be great if Claire respond to this question is from previous posts, she recommended this set-up on several occasions. I hope to get this before Christmas.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts