Is the Sony S760 worth the premium over S560?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
In a word, yes - if you've the screen/sound system (which you certainly do - nice set-up, sir
emotion-21.gif
) to take advantage of the S760's superior sound and picture capabilties.

The S360 and S560 are essentially the same player in performance terms, with the latter adding the wi-fi connectivity option also boasted by the S760. But the S760 also includes many of the step-up performance features of the @£1000 S5000ES....

With your screen and receiver, i'd expect you to see and hear benefits over your Panasonic 'BD60.

Thanks Clare! So there's a significant difference in the quality of the components used.

I'm looking at a blu-ray player with wi-fi features (updating the firmware on my Panasonic BD60 is a pain as the router is in another room).

The AW-12 sub is absolutely awesome! Certainly better than the RSW-12. And good looking too! I'm quite happy with my speaker setup.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
bigboss:
Thanks Clare! So there's a significant difference in the quality of the components used.

Significant improvement in the all-round engineering (software and hardware), basically. Components are just the starting point; after all, many TVs share the same raw panel, but what each individual manufacturer does with it after that can make a big difference in the end performance.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts