IS THE PIONEER 428XD BETTER THAN A 1080p SET FOR GAMING??

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
At its size, it'd beat anything - Full HD or not - for the quality of its picture processing. The best plasmas are still ahead of LCDs for fast motion rendering - kind of essential for gaming! - and with extra contrast and true blacks on offer, you'll see a lot more of the on-screen action, even if the Full HD screens may offer a tiny bit more detail (with Full HD content).

If I had the money for the Pioneer, i'd buy it over any other TV at that size - or about any other size, come to think of it. It's only bettered by the bigger Full HD Kuros.

A

Anonymous

You almost have me swayed towards this tv, and since its available for about 1500 with a 5 years warranty it dont seem too steep. Is Full HD content only slightly more detailed?? I hear people goin on about how the picture jumps out at you with full 1080p sets for example the panasonic plasma which is 1080p. Your reply suggests that the Pioneer beats the Panasonic too? Oh and one more little thing thats niggling at me, i have a phobia of screen burn, will i need to say a prayer everytime i switch the Pioneer on??? Games do have a few static images such as life bars or mini maps in corners of the screen...am i worried for no reason, or is it a legitimate concern??

A

Anonymous

Don't worry, played new episode of Far Cry (Crysis). No problem at all.

A

Anonymous

The Pioneer is an excellent set... expensive though!

But it has superb procesing ability and this is what creates a great picture on a pannel, not resolution.

What you must remember about resoloution is that you must be able to percieve it in order to benefit from it...

Its is widley confirmed that 1080P will make a marginal difference on sets 50", increasingly so as you go above 50", but that 720P is more than adequate for 42" or less...

This is simply because at a normal viewing distances or unless you have zoom lenses fitted to your eyes, you physically wont be able to percieve the difference...

What you will percive though is the pannels ability to process the source material and the new pioneer range is regarded as the best plasma currently availble, though they do command a premium...

I would also consider the pansonic veiras as these are also excellent pannels and can be had far cheaper and do give the pioneers a run for there money...

A

Anonymous

Would sitting at about 5ft (gaming habit!!!) away from the 428xd make the picture look poor?? I was contemplating picking up the 1080p lx508d as the reviews say its the best tv since erm..sliced bread!, but will the picture be worth the extra £2000 considering the 428xd is available for 1500??? Im after a sharp detailed picture, iv had enough of playing Assassins Creed (Xbox 360 rules!!) on CRT!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts