Is Saving Private Ryan a must for 4K Blu-ray?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Just brought a copy brand new of ebay for £20 and HMV are selling it for £20 but wanted to buy it from Amazon but they it up for £30 but is there a 3 disc version ? anyway i have brought this film 4 times in the past just for the extras its a great film and worth buying it again .

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
Main thing being....... WHY does a person Buy a certain copy of a movie ?

Thing here is this,, saving wee Private Ryan ain't such a Great movie, especially IF You already own in blu-ray format.

Each to their own though, you wany it, go buy.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Alantiggger said:
Main thing being....... WHY does a person Buy a certain copy of a movie ?

Thing here is this,, saving wee Private Ryan ain't such a Great movie, especially IF You already own in blu-ray format.

Each to their own though, you wany it, go buy.
Same reason some people bought DSOTM on LP, cassette, CD, SACD, Spotify....

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Alantiggger said:
Yeah, true B_A, very true.... but Saving Private Ryan, question on it is.......'...is it a must buy, (I'd say no myself) then yes on you go and buy it on 4K if you love it :)

No more or less so than rebuying DSOTM or WYWH or for the nineteenth time.....

I bought it 1. because at $19.99 it was relatively cheap 2. to see what it looked like in 4K and most importantly 3. because I was anticipating (and where it was needed got) an Atmos soundtrack.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I got my copy today I did get the 3 disc version 1. 4K film , 2. Blu-ray , 3 extras disc and worth it for £20 but only played the beginning so far just to see what it’s like before time ran out but looks good and the sound is a lot better then the old Blu- ray soundtrack .

But what a film those poor guys landing on that beach and the Germans just gunning them down like nothing what a wast of life that first section of film still shocks after all these years and with the better sound it makes it more realistic .

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
I got my copy today I did get the 3 disc version 1. 4K film , 2. Blu-ray , 3 extras disc and worth it for £20 but only played the beginning so far just to see what it’s like before time ran out but looks good and the sound is a lot better then the old Blu- ray soundtrack .

But what a film those poor guys landing on that beach and the Germans just gunning them down like nothing what a wast of life that first section of film still shocks after all these years and with the better sound it makes it more realistic .

I think the bottom line would be this............. Real Life would have been SO Much Worse..... All they Heroes, all fighting for us all to have freedoms, even to name-call, the freedoms have or ARE being gradually erroded tbh.

Try going into your City Centre and trying this Freedom of Speech these days, yep....... the World is going back-ward, for sure.

I think that today THERE IS NO REAL ...FREEDOM OF SPEECH and it is Mostly down to all these liberal thinkers and evil-do'ers as such, imo.

We (our lads) faught off the Nazi Hoards and that final thing this filth talk about even today..... 'the final solution' wasn't it ? Yet are again today ALL having to now fight against. yet AGAIN such HATRED !

RIGHT NOW, the self same 'Nazi' utterings are being HEARD all over Europe, all Over it.

I'm just hoping that TODAY we Will Have the same FIGHT...... as our forefathers had.

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
If you are asking whether 4k vs 1080p on a decent projector or TV is worth it, I would have to say no. There isnt enough in picture quality between them to justify it.

Now if you are talking about HDR, then yes the difference is greater, but is it still worth buying if you already own it? I would buy it if I did not own it, otherwise its not really needed.

D

Deleted member 2457

duaplex said:
If you are asking whether 4k vs 1080p on a decent projector or TV is worth it, I would have to say no. There isnt enough in picture quality between them to justify it.

Now if you are talking about HDR, then yes the difference is greater, but is it still worth buying if you already own it? I would buy it if I did not own it, otherwise its not really needed.
I find with my TV though some HDR pictures are worse than 4K though and vice versa. It’s all about cherry picking which one you like or dislike.
regular_smile.png

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
gel said:
duaplex said:

Yep, exactly the same gel... :)
I find with my TV though some HDR pictures are worse than 4K though and vice versa. It’s all about cherry picking which one you like or dislike.

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
Alantiggger said:
gel said:
duaplex said:

Some HDR pics are terrible, such IS THE TRUTH....... they are not ALL that they Made to be........ some really suck !

Yep, exactly the same gel... :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts