Is pixellation a problem on Sky as well as Freeview?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just got a Panasonic 32LXD700 which I love! The only thing which spoils it is some pixellation on varying programmes and channels but I know this isn't a fault of the TV as it was on my CRT as well. I just wondered whether this was a problem on Sky as well? Someone who has this TV said her SD broadcasts improved since she got Virgin+ which is connected via HDmi. I don't really want to go to the expense of getting Sky if I wouldn't see much improvement other than getting HD How much is Sky+ HD for both installation and monthly? Thanks!

A

Anonymous

If it is your reception then It sounds like either your aerial - most likely if a number of channels are affected, or poor reception area (CH5 and a couple of the ITV channels are the usual suspects). Check that out first. Having either Sky or Virgin would remove the reception problem.

A

Anonymous

Thanks David but don't think it is a reception problem as I got a new aerial and cable installed. Also my PVR shows signal quality of 100% and average signal strength of 52%.

I think it is actually just some programmes and channels which get this problem.

For some reason live broadcasts seem to be affected eg there was some pixellation on the faces of dancers on Saturday night's Strictly but on the recorded programme yesterday there was none!

Thankfully most of my favourite programmes don't get this. It was there on my CRT as well but obviously more noticable on a bigger screen.

I just wondered whether this was on Sky SD as well?

A

Anonymous

Well i personally don't see that kind of pixellation occuring on my 40W3000 set, not to the extent that you're describing. The worst offender recently was "I'm a 'Celebrity'" which was a pretty poor pic when moving about. Channel 5 is one of the better pics for me.

Depending on your channel line up/other options (Talk/Broadband), probably all in, Sky HD with a minimum package would be probably around the £30 mark, and cost around £130 to get setup.

A

Anonymous

Thankfully it's not too bad and am beginning to think it is the broadcasts.

Like you I saw it on "I'm a Celebrity" as well but it was bad on my CRT as well and, if anything it isn't so bad on the LCD

I turned down the Sharpness as someone said that could help?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts