Is Phillips fa660 any good?

insider9

Hi, I'd say you're in the best position to say that. Is there anything bothering you about it? What's the rest of your system? How does it sound?

By the way is this one of these fancy early models with a coax DAC input? I remember they weren't exactly a hit although the promise was big.

Reactions: Al ears

functious

Apr 17, 2021
Visit site
Hi, I'd say you're in the best position to say that. Is there anything bothering you about it? What's the rest of your system? How does it sound?

By the way is this one of these fancy early models with a coax DAC input? I remember they weren't exactly a hit although the promise was big.

Honestly I really don't know too much about HiFi, and don't have much of a frame of reference of what to compare it to. I picked it up pretty cheap on an impulse because my old Denon amp had died. It sounds fine to me but was just wondering if anybody knew anything about these specifically.

Can't see any coax inputs on it!

insider9

Having a quick google this is an amp from early nineties. Second from bottom of the range. See specs below. I wouldn't expect it to be anything amazing but if you're enjoying it that what matters. One thing I would say is be careful with demanding speakers. It's not even rated for a 4 Ohm load. Also don't discount it by its age.

Funny as the DFA888 which is the amp I was alluding to is one of these early built-in DAC ones from the same time period. I'd be tempted to get it one day.

Philips_FA-Daten-1991.jpg

functious

Apr 17, 2021
Visit site
Having a quick google this is an amp from early nineties. Second from bottom of the range. See specs below. I wouldn't expect it to be anything amazing but if you're enjoying it that what matters. One thing I would say is be careful with demanding speakers. It's not even rated for a 4 Ohm load. Also don't discount it by its age.

Funny as the DFA888 which is the amp I was alluding to is one of these early built-in DAC ones from the same time period. I'd be tempted to get it one day.

Philips_FA-Daten-1991.jpg

Thanks for the info. I'm using them with some Mordaunt Short MS20i Pearl Edition speakers, which have a nominal impedence of 8 Ohms, so hope that won't be causing any issues. It doesn't have any issues in terms of playing them at a high volume.

Reactions: Al ears

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts