Is OLED dead?

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
(Ah, the way round the What Hi-Fi bug seems to be to create a new thread without any internet links, then you can put the links into your second post. So, this is what I wanted to say first time!)

If your forum name is gel, you would be wise not to read this article from 15th September 2014 "Is OLED dead? The great hope for TV tech is fading fast" (just like the troublesome blue pixels, ho-ho!), here http://www.techradar.com/news/television/hdtv/is-oled-dead-the-great-hope-for-tv-tech-is-fading-fast-1265506

D

Deleted member 2457

There are still new ones coming out. They have lined up a flexible one that bends in the next year, and a 4K one and a cheaper one.

D

Deleted member 2457

It does seem like it is 55 inches and above though.

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure the question is pertinent to anyone (such as Gel) who's already bought an OLED TV; or it's only relevant to some degree if such owners plan to buy another OLED TV later on. Admittedly Gel fits this latter category, too.

D

Deleted member 2457

strapped for cash said:
I'm not sure the question is pertinent to anyone (such as Gel) who's already bought an OLED TV; or it's only relevant to some degree if such owners plan to buy another OLED TV later on. Admittedly Gel fits this latter category, too.
*smile*

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I hope not, as I'm considering buying one if the price comes down a bit more.

It seems to me that the cheapest always wins though, not quality.

LCD vs Plasma

VHS vs Betamax

etc.

Unfortunately people like us, that actually care about quality, are very much in the minority of tv buyers.

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I also hope that OLED carries on, given that it is the only set, I have seen, that I would give up my plasmas for. LG claim that they now get 80% viable screens with their new panels and prices have already dropped. They present a beautiful picture and when they price-stabilize then i will definitely be in the market for one.

D

Deleted member 2457

There dosen't seem to be many OLED TVs available, John Lewis have sold out again! Costco are doing the best deals on them right now for £2,200 - to be honest that's all they are worth.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts