Is my CD player going...wrong!?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have an Arcam Alpha 7 cd player and recently I've noticed the volume is noticably greater from the left channel when I play CD's.Everything seems fine when using the tuner or cassettes (yes,those.Oldies but goodies) so I'm assuming that the amp/speakers are OK.I've tried different interconnects with the same results - the volume is louder from the left channel when I play CD's.

Question is,is my CD player on the way out (is is quite old after all) or do my ears just need cleaning out?

Thanks all

A

Anonymous

Have you tried the cd deck on a different input?

If you can hear a difference then who are we to argue? Its prob developed a fault from being loved/used too much.

Two options really try getting it serviced (get a quote first) or new deck time.

up the music

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
Try different input as suggested. Also try swapping left output to right input and vice versa. If the other speaker then sounds louder, problem lies with CD somewhere, if same speaker is still louder problem lies with amp (I'd assume with that single input if other sources are fine). If both are now same you have something odd going on.

When my ears need cleaning out I' notice the effect on all inputs, so your ears are probably fine, or if not fine your about the same level of deafness in both ears.

TRENDING THREADS