Is Mac really better for music?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
Covenanter said:
By no means conclusive but I would argue indicative! I could also tell you for example that my daughter, who has a 2/1 in Anthropology, can't do long division because she was never taught it.

Perhaps you should have sent her to a better school, my nephew's 9 and he's being taught it.

You miss the point! It wasn't on the syllabus at the time (it was a very good school).

My main point is however that people post things here which demonstrate that they are not familiar with some very simple concepts and I wonder how they have missed them. In the absence of this basic knowledge they are susceptible to being deceived. I have presented some evidence that the education system does not provide this basic knowledge, how else do you explain it?

Chris

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
John Duncan said:
Sospri said:
Alec said:
Heh. Oodles as a unit of measurement. I've heard it all now. Lamentable, I tells ya!

Never heard of irony, obviously not.

Sad...............

I blame the education system.

So do I as otherwise people would know what "irony" is. Now that is ironic!
smiley-laughing.gif

Chris

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Covenanter said:
I have presented some evidence that the education system does not provide this basic knowledge, how else do you explain it?

People forget stuff they learnt 20 - 30 years ago?

For example, I learnt long division at school, but I wouldn't have the foggiest idea how to do it now because I've never had to use it since then!

Sospri

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Alec said:
Heh. Oodles as a unit of measurement. I've heard it all now. Lamentable, I tells ya!

Actually an Oodle is 71/2 shedloads, I worked it out on my latest gizmo, think its called an abacus................

TRENDING THREADS