is it worth upgrading from atacama nexus 6 to Partington Super Dreadnoughts?

gooner26

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
im using a pair of b&w 685's and i obviousley want to get the best out of them so basically is it worth upgrading? i filled the nexus 6's with this kind of hard pebbly sand substance, i filled the 2 thin columns with this up to the top, and quarter filled the main thick column.

A

Anonymous

personally i would not , cant see it making much if any difference to the sound IMO

A

Anonymous

They'll probably make a difference as they're pretty industrial and heavy, but unless it's the very last thing to tweak I wouldn't bother. If you were to spend the money elsewhere what would spring to mind? Cables? Stand? Heaven forbid, power cables?

gooner26

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
ive made a bit of a hash in filling the stands up. ive filled the 2 back poles up to the top with tiny pebbly stuff and i cant get it back out because its a hard substance and the holes in the poles are so small, not a major problem but i should have bought some of atacama's own stand fillers. i just get the feeling that the sound can be improved upon ever so slightly, maybe its me but im pretty sure i can hear some colouring, nothing to serious but colouring none the less!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts