Is It Worth It

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys....I have been reading a lot about DacMagics, Beresfords, Fubar's etc. I was wondering if anyone could give me a yes or no to the following question.....

Would adding a DAC give me a substantial / cost effective upgrade in performance using the gear listed below.

I do not really need loads of connection options so the sound quality issue is the only thing that concerns me. I am not going to upgrade my current equipment for the forseeable future.

Thanks in advance.

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
That's a tricky one. General consensus is that the DacMagic is similar to the '740, so there is definitely an improvement over the 640, but how much...?

Unless you can get your local Richer Sounds to sell you one on a money-back-if-not-happy basis (which a lot will do), then I would say not to worry.

John Duncan

Yeah I suspect the 640 and DACMagic would sound quite similar (not 200 quid's worth better). If you wanted to start using lossless PC-based music as a source, that'd be a different matter.

A

Anonymous

fatboyslimfast:That's a tricky one. General consensus is that the DacMagic is similar to the '740, so there is definitely an improvement over the 640, but how much...?

Unless you can get your local Richer Sounds to sell you one on a money-back-if-not-happy basis (which a lot will do), then I would say not to worry.

OK...lets assume that this is a 740........would it be worth connecting a 740 to the amp and speakers that I have........would they be able to resolve the benefit of an upgraded player.

No home dem at my local Richer.

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
I would say not. Whilst the 540a is a good amp, and the BR2's good speakers, it is with respect to their relevant price points.

At the moment you have a balanced system, but upgrading to the 740 will make it top-heavy and would be less of an upgrade than selling your BR2s and upgrading them with the same cash...

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Spooky! answers in stereo
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS