Is it worth considering - KEF IQ5SE

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I have been trying for some time to pick the right speakers for my Budget and taste in Music (Jazz, Funk, Blues, RnB), I finally arrived @ the B&W 685's I have been to the dealer today and got a package of both speaker and stand for about £500. Saying that I have seen some glowing reviews on the KEF IQ5SE , and was wondering if they were worth considering especially as I have seen them online for £259. That is almost half the price. I really want a pair of speakers I can live with for some time.

http://audioaffair.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=1014

A

Anonymous

I probably would, because the price difference is quite a lot, but saying that if the difference in performance justifies the price difference then I will go with the B&W's

A

Anonymous

I'd say it's definitely worth considering the IQ5SE's. It will obviously depend on what CD & AMP/system you are going to be playing them through.

I recently had the same question and decided to listen to both through a Denon DF102 (which is what I own) and decided although the sound was very different I actually preferred the KEF's regardless of the price difference.

Although the B&W's sound a lot fuller, I wasn't convinced the Denon was doing them justice, where as the KEF's sounded a little clearer but still managed the bass well enough for Prodigy's Firestarter to pump out well above the volume I will be allowed to get away with.

If you can, arrange an audition through your exact set up for both sets of speakers.

A

Anonymous

Yes

But, as has been said, do an audition to see if YOU like them.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Guys. I just found out that Sevenoaks stock both speakers and I will book to have a good listen of the KEF's. My current system is an old pair of Yamaha CDX486 and AX386 cd and amp, though I will be looking to change them soon, and the Marantz did pair up quite well with the B&W's, But the price difference is a bit too much so we will see.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts