is it possible to get a richer warmer sounding system from changing cd player/dac ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

damonster

Oct 30, 2008
Visit site
:bounce: It is amazing cno, It just compliments my system so well ,perfect synergy at last.I have got a grin from ear to ear .Emotion in voices ,bon ivor ,emille sande,Jeff Buckley.The db1is are really showing off .

damonster said:
:bounce: It is amazing cno, It just compliments my system so well ,perfect synergy at last.I have got a grin from ear to ear .Emotion in voices ,bon ivor ,emille sande,Jeff Buckley.The db1is are really showing off .

Fantastic. Well done damonster. I've so often sung the praises of Exposure's 2010S CDP, and it looks as though the dac has the same sonic footprint.

damonster

Oct 30, 2008
Visit site
Thanks ! Pp .The dealer who sold me my dinky boxes reassured me after I rang them with an enquiry about what system I demoed the db1is on .They thought it was most likely Arcam.I had done a bit of reading up on what info there was on exposure and asked the dealer if it had a similar sound to Arcam .They said if I liked arcam sound I would love the Exposure DAC .So I took a risk and went for it.Its given me more than I could of hoped for .A thicker sound than the audiolab I had . which you said the pulse needed.Smooth ,rich ,just a really enjoyable listen.Its just so musical.I will give it a few days of listening and post my findings ,as I think the Exposure needs more exposure . A highly enjoyable listen.Synergy ,it has just shown me what the pulse and pmcs can really do .I think its that final tweak that has gelled everything together.like you said before you just know when something sounds right. :rockout:

damonster

Oct 30, 2008
Visit site
There are not many reviews about ,but all that I have read have been positive .Its quite strange how to describe .Its a laid back sound but when instruments are played fast like banjos or acoustic guitars it seems to pick up pace and keep up ,but in a really relaxing way.a contradiction in terms I know but that's how it comes across .I have never felt so relaxed listening to music . no analysing , just sheer musical enjoyment .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts