Is it just me?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Or are all microwave ovens the least user friendly appliances under the sun? Why can't they be more like hifi, ie switch the amps on, switch the CD player on and press play. If I use the said oven thingy, which is very rarely, then I end up with a 12 minute 56 second programme which stops and beeps at me after 30 seconds as it's the only thing I know how to do (after 2 years). It's rubbish.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I haven't had a microwave for four years. Decided fresh food was the way forward.

Oddly enough decided to switch a TV for a projector at the same time - that's a whole new set of complicated buttons to get to grips with!

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Hmmm, mine gets used so infrequently that it's on its last fortnight before the new kitchen is ready and the ProAcs go up......pig in sh*t!

A

Anonymous

emotion-2.gif
Read the manual?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JoelSim"]Or are all microwave ovens the least user friendly appliances under the sun? Why can't they be more like hifi, ie switch the amps on, switch the CD player on and press play.

If I use the said oven thingy, which is very rarely, then I end up with a 12 minute 56 second programme which stops and beeps at me after 30 seconds as it's the only thing I know how to do (after 2 years). It's rubbish.[/quote]

Is it a Panasonic??
emotion-33.gif

Actually I think they're easy compared to the manual for my AV Amp - which took me a whole afternoon to set up correctly .....

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JoelSim"]I'll tell you what it makes a much nicer sound when I use my Russ Andrews Powerkord. And the food tastes better too.[/quote]
Yeah, I found that the 'ping' had more echo, resolution and depth. You ever tried the old 'lightbulb on top of a glass of milk so that the terminal is in the milk' trick? Lights up :) Might take your mind off the complexity and subjectivity of the interface and powerkord...

A

Anonymous

The MORE complicated the better !!

Manuals ?!! Maps !! Manuals !!? - NOOOO !!!

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
It's an (anything but) Sharp. Needless to say the new kitchen has been designed sans microwave. That's French Mr fr0g if you didn't know.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="fr0g"]Jag vet.

Jg lara mig franska p† skolan.

Men nu jag lara mig bara svenska.

Thats swedish (sort of - still learning ;) )

IN any case, nothing wrong with a MW. I like to buy in bulk and need to freeze in... MW is great for defrosting.

A serious interesting thought, I wonder how many silly-rich hifi nut-jobs have ?chord? power leads for their kitchen appliances (I BET there are some)
[/quote]

The first place I would look would be Chez Russ Andrews

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="JoelSim"]I'll tell you what it makes a much nicer sound when I use my Russ Andrews Powerkord. And the food tastes better too.[/quote]

Oh, this one will run and run, won't it?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Andrew Everard"]

Oh, this one will run and run, won't it?
[/quote]

Probably...

But I also have several 'brilliance inducing' mains leads...

T

the record spot

We only bought our microwave at the end of last year. We use it mainly to help steralise our babies' bottles (thanks to progress, you now no longer need to steralise them in 4 litres of Milton for a fortnight)!

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="MadMark"]Read the manual?[/quote]

Seriously though, I've had mine for 5 years and the only way I can tell to defrost something is to press "Auto Defrost", then "Kg / Lb" then "Start". It kicks off for 32 minutes but I've now learned exactly the length of time once this has started which is required to defrost bread and food I've previously cooked and then stuck in the freezer to keep - this (and microwave popcorn) is my microwave's sole purpose.

There's no way to defrost something just for the time I want to though (and I've read the manual!). I have to go through the 32 minutes malarkey and stop it manually at the right time - ridiculous!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts