Is HK 6550 worth it and suitable for those bookshelf speakers ? Three questions...

Fixt00l

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello, gents! I play lots of flac files and MP3 files from my PC, and it is time to upgrade.I found some strange forum postings that some people prefer the HK 6550 instead of Roksan Kandy K2, which sounds ridiculous.I found the HK 6550 used for only 102 € / 80 GBP in my city, is that price fair?

Second, is it a nice match for the Monitor Audio BX2 or Boston Acoustics A26 ?

Third, will the Arcam rPac be a good match for that system and is it worth the 150 GBP to improve the sound quality ? I have very few options in my country, so any help would be welcome.

T

the record spot

Hi, yes I'd say the price is good if it's in good condition. A very popular amp in Europe. Whether it'll be a good mix with your speakers is harder to say and you'd need to hear for yourself. Personally, for the money, I'd give it a whirl and see. You can always sell on later and it'll make decent money given the popularity of the model.

Fixt00l

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Thank you a lot for answering! My bad, I edited my previous post, it is 102 € and not 120 €.I`ll have to buy the amp first, it is being sold in a pawn shop, so there is no way to audition anything, I do not even know what defects should I look for.The bookshelf speakers are being sold online and shipped to my door, but I think they should be fine, as the MA BX2 are renowned for their price / performing ration and neutral sound ( the HK too )...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts