Is Deoxit really work ?

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
It is claimed that applying Deoxit can protect metal contacts and improve conductivity of hifi system and thus giving better SQ.

IMO it is quite expensive and just wanted to know if anyone in the forum have used it before and hope they can share their experience.

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I used to clean the contacts of power plugs, RCA inputs and other contacts by Maplin's contact cleanser (less than 5 pounds/bottle) and found no change in SQ after cleaning. That's why I have doubt on the effect of Deoxit.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Anything that cleans the contacts will work, and the Craig stuff is the Rolls Royce of contact cleaners - which is priced accordingly.

I use the cheaper option of isopropyl alchol. If you do try it, I would be interested in your view.

Cno

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Inter_Voice said:
I used to clean the contacts of power plugs, RCA inputs and other contacts by Maplin's contact cleanser (less than 5 pounds/bottle) and found no change in SQ after cleaning. That's why I have doubt on the effect of Deoxit.

Normally I would find giving connections a good clean makes a difference (especially polishing the prongs of the mains plugs with Duraglit first), so I have no answers I'm afraid.

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
Done correctly this can make a good difference due to the logic that a chain is only as good as its weakest link - cleaner contacts = better connection. Make sure to use safely according to the instructions!

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
It seems from the threads that when contacts are properly cleaned then the SQ should have some improvements due to better flow of signals and electric current. Well in theory I will not dispute that.

As on the usefulness of Deoxit I said it was a bit expensive, i.e.ml/£ nevertheless a small bottle of spary costs less than £20 and I will order one and find out if it really works
smiley-undecided.gif

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Eventually I spent my money and bought a small bottle (spray) of Deoxit. I applied the spray to all contacts of my hifi system, RCA plugs, speaker connections and power plug contacts etc. Well the result --- it SEEMS to me the SQ is a bit cleaner but I am not sure, may be only a feeling
smiley-wink.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts