is Bluetooth the answer for quality audio ....

ColinWB

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Givens: (a) I have a serious hearing issue, say I'm 'quite' deaf and need clarity more than volume and (b) we have a large open plan living room and kitchen off with high ceilings, hard flat walls and few fabrics.

We like: TV, Radio 4, 3 and 6 and my huge collection of folk and rock music, housed on my laptop.

As we're in Spain we get our broadcast feed off a satellite thru' a digibox and into our TV. From there I have connected cordless Sennheiser headphones and a number of cordless speakers in the bath, bed rooms, guest room and kitchen.

Issue: Although the speakers, recently bought, are very stylish and smart, their quality is appalling due mainly I think because they are omni-directional and because our layout makes for tinny (not tiny!) echoes. I cannot spend my life inside my headphones.

Question: Should I look at one of the Bluetooth units with say a big (and small?) speaker in the sitting room and lesser ones as satellites in other rooms? Does their quality warrant the cost? Is it possible to have a remote hand unit to control all speakers as one worked from one room to another?

I'd really like to hear from people who have improved their listening experiences with modern technology. Many thanks for your time.

A

Anderson

You're walking down the wrong path, Bluetooth is not the answer. You want to be looking at Sonos or Squeezebox, both use your lan which is much better and can actually do HD audio.

No Bluetooth!

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Anderson said:
You're walking down the wrong path, Bluetooth is not the answer. You want to be looking at Sonos or Squeezebox, both use your lan which is much better and can actually do HD audio.

Well Sonos can't do HD audio, CD-quality yes, which is good enough.

The query appeared to be more about the speakers though, would be useful to know what equipment is actually being used.

T

theflyingwasp

I use all my I-products through my Bluetooth ruark MR 1 speakers and everything sounds mighty fine to me.

T

theflyingwasp

Yes chebby. I don't know what the hifi crowd would make of the ruark range but I have all their gear and I don't have a bad word to say about any of it.the alarm clock sounds better than my mates hifi.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts