Is Beolab 90 worth its price compared to others similar?

Markoolio

May 16, 2022
Visit site
I just recently took a ride to the city and went to do some window shopping. I ended up in B&O shop and had a chance to demo Beolab 50 and Beolab 90 speakers. 50's sounded great but 90's were just awesome. The price for the 90's were about $100 000 USD a pair. This got me thinking how much bang for the buck they actually offer compared to the others? I tried to find a comparison of this price range speakers online but no luck. I also felt like most of the reviews I found about Beolab 90's were more or less biased. I would like to hear any neutral perspective about these particular speakers or similar ones from other brands. I am talking strictly about the sound, not design or other factors.

Markoolio

May 16, 2022
Visit site
Agree. B&O is about design, performance and after sales support all in one. If you look only at performance, you'll find better speakers for the money. Read the history and pedigree of B&O.

Yeah, I thought so myself. They however explained to me that what makes Beolab 90 truly special is that, it has microfones and speaker elements pointed 360°, this way the microphones can read how the sound is reflected from the walls and other obstables and use these readings to optimizes the sound perfectly for each listening space.

What do you think the right price for Beolab 90 would be in we forget about the support and aesthetics?

Tinman1952

Yeah, I thought so myself. They however explained to me that what makes Beolab 90 truly special is that, it has microfones and speaker elements pointed 360°, this way the microphones can read how the sound is reflected from the walls and other obstables and use these readings to optimizes the sound perfectly for each listening space.

What do you think the right price for Beolab 90 would be in we forget about the support and aesthetics?
Many companies do room correction in their products....even Sonos has Trueplay which does a similar thing.

You should demo and decide for yourself. The true value of any product is the price people are willing to pay for.

Reactions: Al ears

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts