Is Audiolab 6000 A is a good upgrade ?

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
Hi I think we need more info. What is it do you think you missing? Speakers you’re using? What functionality you’re after? Size of room you’re trying to fill? And so on.

the NAD 320 bee is a very very good amp made at a period of time when things where cheaper to make and you got a lot of bang for buck. Think you’ll need to audition to see if you can hear any differences to be honest.

RoA

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
I'd say yes, simply because I think the Audiolab is good but it greatly depends on what you think is 'wrong' with your NAD or what you are hoping to improve.

RoA

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
Ok. If by 'close' you are referring to a narrow/forward soundstage with limited width and depth then the Audiolab will help. It has an exceptionally wide, deep soundstage for it's cost. Its actually has a wider stage than the Hegel 95 though that sounds a little bit more solid and transparent. - For something in between the Arcam's SA20 Class G is now available at just over £800. A very good price imho and it has a superb built in DAC too.

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
the NAD drive the Monitor audio B4 loudspeaker through NAD 541CD and bluesound Node 2i on low and mid volume the sound is close to my opinion

I think you need to go and listen to a few options,

The Monitor audio B4 are good but i found them very wolly and a little congested, i wouldn't say the NAD is closed in a low volume at all far from it and is far from your weak link.

I think you're better off looking at some new speakers here IF you wish to change something. This is where you're going to notice real improvements/flavour changes the most. Amps, even today's offerings don't bring massive sound improvements if at all. Certainly not night and day, i think you need to temper your expectations here a little. Though it could be you the little NAD needs servicing, what is it now 21-22 years old? so it might be more economical to replace.

If you must buy another amp another option is to sell both the NAD and bluesound node 2i and replace with a power node 2i cutting your box count in half and you may actually have money left in your pocket or costing you nothing at all. The NAD 320bee can fetch tidy sums on ebay as can the bluesounds. Just a thought!

do try and listen to some options though if you can.

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
Ok. If by 'close' you are referring to a narrow/forward soundstage with limited width and depth then the Audiolab will help. It has an exceptionally wide, deep soundstage for it's cost. Its actually has a wider stage than the Hegel 95 though that sounds a little bit more solid and transparent. - For something in between the Arcam's SA20 Class G is now available at just over £800. A very good price imho and it has a superb built in DAC too.

Op, well it looks like your getting contradicting opinions here and i dont want to confuse you

If you take anything away from my advice and that is to listen to a few options and find out what is your weakest link.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts