is 1080p worth it for the odd bluray

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
this question has no doubt been asked loads of times.........

gona buy a 50in screen got my eye on the samsung

1. the samsung 5 or 6 series full hd

2 samsung 4 series hd ready

both give outstanding pictures on sd to my untrained eye and to be honest cant see much difference with bluray but the 4 is over £300 cheaper so my question is it worth for one or two blurays a week.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
sjared10:
this question has no doubt been asked loads of times.........

gona buy a 50in screen got my eye on the samsung

1. the samsung 5 or 6 series full hd

2 samsung 4 series hd ready

both give outstanding pictures on sd to my untrained eye and to be honest cant see much difference with bluray but the 4 is over £300 cheaper so my question is it worth for one or two blurays a week.

If you can't see much difference between SD and Bluray, and no offence here, your eyes can't be that great and I'd go for the cheaper screen.

A

Anonymous

when i said about the difference in blu ray i ment that the bluray picture on the 1080 set was only marginally better than on the hd set

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
well then it's really a question of whether you think the extra £300 is worth it for "marginally better", which is not something any of us can really judge for you because we don't know if 300 quid is a lot of money to you or not or what exactly you're seeing. You'll have to make your own mind up unfortunately.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
sjared10:when i said about the difference in blu ray i ment that the bluray picture on the 1080 set was only marginally better than on the hd set

The quality of BR discs varies, how do you know you actually saw one of the better transfers when comparing? It also seems odd to consider a BR player yet buy a panel that can't show it off at it's best.

regards

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts