IPODTOUCH/ITUNES Question (sorry)...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi ive just got a few question regaurding Itunes that ive got to ask and ill explain why.

My biggest problem is this, ive had itunes for a couple of years on and off, and as i used to have an 80gb classic actual itunes was used very rarely as my music wasnt updated too often. So all in all im not very good with itune's.

Now this is my problem, its about the best way to get all my cd's onto itunes. And i need to get my head around it because my late uncle (god bless R.I.P) left me his cd collection in his will, as we were both into the same stuff (mainly the old reggae), and im not joking, i bet i have maybe 400+ albums in a double wardrobe upstairs.

Then i have my own cd's which i may have say 300 albums .

Off the top of my head i think this is the best way to do it....

1. I have a 1TB Seagate External hardrive.

2. Put a cd into cd drive, open up to view, and copy tracks into a new folder , name folder, and store on the seagate.

3. Do this for every cd (god willing), then get itunes to look for the folder to add to librairy.

Or can i just get itunes to store its own librairy on my external hardrive, so its not clogging my pc up with data....

Any help or tips please, or pointers to other threads would be a help, cheer's Dave..

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
Your best bet is to copy your existing iTunes library (make sure it's the folder with the actual music in) onto your external drive. Go into the 'Advanced' iTunes preferences and tell it where to find this folder on your hard drive. Check all is well by playing a track. You could then delete the original folder on your PC if you wish. Finally, import your music using iTunes, first choosing the desired bitrate.

I'm sure this is the simplest way, Dave.

JamesOK

May 24, 2008
Visit site
I'd agree with sorreltiger on this one. However when I tried to do it (stick the library on a NAS) I found that itunes was ridiculously slow to start up. Possibly because it was trying to load up all the config files etc, but possibly because my network connection was too slow. Just something to think about I guess.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts