ipod touch music and itunes through hifi HELP PLEASE

rock15

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
hi everyone, i have been having some trouble with the sound quality when i use my ipod through my hifi, and old posts state that i seem to be ripping my cds on the wrong settings, so is apple lossless the best setting, also does this mean i have to delete and re rip my cds in the better format thanks ian.

Ryan92

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I'd say, if you're looking at playing them through the iPod then apple lossless will be the better solution, as it takes up a bit less memory than WAV which I'm pretty sure is the only other lossless codec iPods support. Also, are you docking your ipod or just plugging it in. The next step may be getting an iPod dock with a digital out then using a DAC. What is the rest of your system at present? And yes you will have to re-do your whole library. Do you know what Bitrate your files are currently at? I assume they are in MP3 format?

rock15

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
hi , i use a lead to plug directly into amp, dont know what format, it was just the preset one on itunes, but have changed it now to apple lossless, i have a rotel rao4 amp and moniter audio bx5 speakers and cam/audio 650 cd player and denon 260 fm ,tuner all leads are good quality , cd sounds fine just the ipod, so i guess i will have to re rip ,thanks ian

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts