Ipod system for bedroom under £300

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I'm bored of my computer speakers and I am looking for a system that can play an ipod, preferably with remote control, through bookshelf speakers.Ideally the speakers should have a lot of bass as I listen to bass heavy music. I've looked at micro systems such as the DM37 and Onkyo 725 but I don't really need the CD or radio functions and they lack any integration with the ipod.

I'm baffled as to what is the best option to go for and was wondering if anyone could suggest a system for me?

Thanks!

A

Anonymous

I've done a little bit more research and found the Fatman iTube ValveDock and it looks to be the best solution, should i just pair that with some Tannoy F1 Customs?

A

Anonymous

The carbon does look much nicer than the iTube with seperate dock but the iTube is only £170 but the Carbon is £300. Is it really worth the extra £130? What would the differences in sound be like as they both get 5 stars?

A

Anonymous

bobrenwick - The Carbon 2 (see one of my posts) doesn't have a headphone Jack or line out.

If you intend EVER listening through headphones the Carbon might be best avoided for that reason alone.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
i would highly recommend a headphone amp for anyone that wants to listen to cans - from my experience the ones built in to amps are usually a waste of money and of poor quality

think you will be very happy with the creek but wouldn't bother trying to wire it to your setup just plug source into it directly when you want to listen to cans - other wise was no point in buying the carbon

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Big Aura:perhaps consider this? Glowing WHF review here...

i ruled stuff like that out as could be wrong but got impression the poster already had the tannoy speakers but maybe not re reading his post - if not i would say def look at them and also the zep mini or full size bit over budget

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
matengawhat:

Big Aura:perhaps consider this? Glowing WHF review here...

i ruled stuff like that out as could be wrong but got impression the poster already had the tannoy speakers - if not i would say def look at them and also the zep mini or full size bit over budget
I took the "should I just pair them with some Tannoy Custom F1" to be he was going to purchase them. In any case, a mate bought her boyf some of these for Christmas, and they're both very happy - certainly worth a look.

A

Anonymous

Hi, thanks for the responses, you're right I don't have any speakers yet but i thought an amp and bookshelf speakers would give better sound than a dock, sort of why I overlooked them. But those AtkiMates look quite nice, I'm just slightly worried they wouldn't go as loud as bookshelf speakers. I've just found out the cheaper Fatman iTube ValveDock doesn't support 2nd generation ipod touches so i guess budget constraints mean I have to go with the AtkiMates.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts