Ipod syncing question

dangalf

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Hi guys

I have the Ipod classic and have encountered a problem with syncing. Of my whole album collection I have around 7 albums that appear on my Ipod under albums but not under artist

For example I have a best of Bob Marley that appears when you search under albums but not under the artist search function.

I havent edited any of the information before (or after) syncing it to the Ipod. I also tried deleting the album from Itunes and putting it back on but I still have the same problem

I have a similar problem when searching under Genre. It tells me that I have one reggae artist but doesnt list the name of the artist

Has anyone encountered this problem before and know how I can resolve this?

John Duncan

When albums import tags from iTunes, sometimes (not often) it's complete nonsense, particularly genre - does it actually have Bob Marley as the artist and reggae as the genre when you import? If not, edit the data - select all the tracks, right click, 'get info' (on a mac, probably 'properties' on windows) - edit the artist to be Bob Marley and genre to be Reggae, and it should work out fine...

dangalf

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Hi - yes it does have the details when I import

I also tried changing the artist name to Marley, Bob and then syncing it again but I still get nothing when I search under the artist on the Ipod. Tried changing it back to Bob Marley and syncing and still nothing

I tend to search for music by artist so it would be really helpful if I could get this to work - is there anything else I can try?

dangalf

Nov 14, 2007
Visit site
Thats got it. Just updated it now and everythings coming up under artist

Thanks for your help and time on this one - its much appreciated!

idc

If any problems persist then again right click and in info select the sorting tab and delete information from the right hand boxes. I have not figured out what sorting is supposed to do, it just gets in the way.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts