Ipod Classic 160gig

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Does any know the behaviour of the above when the the itunes libary on your hard drive exceeds the capacity of the ipod, what does it sync, or does it just through it's legs in the air?

A

Anonymous

I have found that if i try and go over the capacity of the item it tells me it cannot sync because there is not enough memory.

A

Anonymous

This might be worth a quick read

www.telegraph.co.uk/scienceandtechnology/3357048/iPod-storage-capacity-could-rise-150000-times.html

idc

JCR1:Does any know the behaviour of the above when the the itunes libary on your hard drive exceeds the capacity of the ipod, what does it sync, or does it just through it's legs in the air?

When you do get to this point the best way to deal with it is to use the check boxes next to the tracks. Uncheck them and those tracks do not sync with the ipod. Your ipod then becomes a huge CD multi changer where every so often you will change some of the CDs on it. I load festive and kid's party music only when needed.

A

Anonymous

Now there's a thought, must give that a try, fortunately I can keep my ipod Xmas free :)

ukgthor

Sep 19, 2007
Visit site
Personally I do not have a iPod Classic, but I do have a 1st Gen iPod Touch, IPhone 3G, 2nd Gen Nano and a couple of iPod Videos and my iTunes ask if I want to create a playlist to fit the music to the available capacity of my iPod. I thought that this was the standard feature in iTunes.

Personally I never agree to this and instead use the tick boxes besides the track names and the option to only 'snyc only checks music and videos' in the summary screen.

A

Anonymous

ukgthor:
Personally I do not have a iPod Classic, but I do have a 1st Gen iPod Touch, IPhone 3G, 2nd Gen Nano and a couple of iPod Videos and my iTunes ask if I want to create a playlist to fit the music to the available capacity of my iPod. I thought that this was the standard feature in iTunes.

Personally I never agree to this and instead use the tick boxes besides the track names and the option to only 'snyc only checks music and videos' in the summary screen.

Poking through the preferences, I cant say that feature jumps out at me, that does not mean it isnt there though :).

I think the previous suggestion re tick/untick would work well :), but thanks for the replies guys.

A

Anonymous

ukgthor:

How iPods does one man need?!
emotion-3.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts