iPhone photo management

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Not sure where to post this, but this looked like the best one to me.

Here's the little anecdote: I came back from holidays with hundreds on new photos on my iPhone (3GS) and recently synced it to upgrade the software (v3.1.2, IIRC). Under Windoes, I copied a few onto my HDD, then right-clicked "Delete pictures" for those images I had just copied. This actually deleted, I believe, all the image files from the iPhone as I can't see anything in Windows Explorer. I CAN see them all on the phone's Camera Roll though. I'm really worried I've lost all my photos. Very worried too that if I go back to iTunes, it won't be able to access them either one way or another.

I would appreciate any advice or help here.

I would also like to know if there is a way of creating separate photo albums on the iPhone, so that I can sort of organise my photos a bit better (I have about 1,200 currently - at least I hope I still have them). All my music is nicely filed, but I cannot see any photos in iTunes.

Cheers

John Duncan

Firstly, if you can see them on your phone, they still exist. Standard Procedure for copying photos from your phone under windows appears to be to use the 'camera and fax wizard' (which seems odd to me - maybe I'll give it a go with my touch, to see if I can sync back the way...)

As for folders, that appears to only work one way - get your photos into iTunes, arrange in folders, sync. Counterintuitive, but hey.

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:Firstly, if you can see them on your phone, they still exist. Standard Procedure for copying photos from your phone under windows appears to be to use the 'camera and fax wizard' (which seems odd to me - maybe I'll give it a go with my touch, to see if I can sync back the way...) As for folders, that appears to only work one way - get your photos into iTunes, arrange in folders, sync. Counterintuitive, but hey.

Thanks John, I will try that tonight when I get home.

(btw, still no luck with the AE... Grrr not liking my Apple products at this minute...)

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:I'm gonna start a business as a mobile airport express doctor...

As long as you don't make your technical support licence expire, then it's a sure way to making a (small) fortune. ;-)

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
Sorry to be provocative, but the iPhone synchs perfectly with iPhoto on a Mac. It's not the Apple product which is at fault, it's having to use it with a clunky PC (ducks to avoid brickbats)

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your help (all).

I'm now relieved my photos are saved and backed up, and also a bit more clued up about iTunes/iPhone. Now onto Airport Express!..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts