iPhone 5C £405

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Apple-iPhone-16GB-Free-Smartphone/dp/B00FB6BX5Y/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1385760392&sr=8-2&keywords=iPhone+5c

Not sure what to make of this? :?

D

Deleted member 2457

Just got the upgrade bug for the iPhone 5S! Any deals likely this following week?

D

Deleted member 2457

If it was genuine I would buy it. I have now decided on the iPhone 5S. I am going to sell my iPad 2 and iPhone 4S.

D

Deleted member 2457

What about this place:

http://www.simplyelectronics.net/mainproduct.php?pid=23172&setcurrency=gbp&gclid=CKyauJ6ojLsCFa3KtAody2gAyQ

Seems to been around a while now. :?

Stay away from them. A quick Google search brought up this:

Here's some more worrying information about Simply Electronics. They like to give the impression that they are a UK "limited" company but this is not the case. They are actually based in Hong Kong. If you visit their website and click on "Terms and Conditions" which is written in tiny writing at the bottom of each page, you will see their Hong Kong address: 1501-1508, Millennium City 5, 418 Kwun Tong Road, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, HongKong.

More worryingly, further down that page in the "Disputes" paragraph they say "Any dispute, controversy or claim relating in any way to products you purchase through the Site shall be submitted to confidential binding arbitration in Hong Kong conducted under Hong Kong law... Arbitration shall be conducted under UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules by Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre." In other words, you will have no protection under the UK Sale Of Goods Act or any other UK trading standards legislation.

The fact that Simply Electronics are based in Hong Kong also means that any electronics purchased from them will be classed as "grey imports" and a UK warranty will not be valid. They have a 12 month "return item to Hong Kong" warranty, but I wouldn't rely on this too heavily, given Simply Electronics reputation on the internet (google for the other thread called Simply Electronics: Warning on avForums).

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
Stay away from them. A quick Google search brought up this: Here's some more worrying information about Simply Electronics. They like to give the impression that they are a UK "limited" company but this is not the case. They are actually based in Hong Kong. If you visit their website and click on "Terms and Conditions" which is written in tiny writing at the bottom of each page, you will see their Hong Kong address: 1501-1508, Millennium City 5, 418 Kwun Tong Road, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, HongKong. More worryingly, further down that page in the "Disputes" paragraph they say "Any dispute, controversy or claim relating in any way to products you purchase through the Site shall be submitted to confidential binding arbitration in Hong Kong conducted under Hong Kong law... Arbitration shall be conducted under UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules by Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre." In other words, you will have no protection under the UK Sale Of Goods Act or any other UK trading standards legislation. The fact that Simply Electronics are based in Hong Kong also means that any electronics purchased from them will be classed as "grey imports" and a UK warranty will not be valid. They have a 12 month "return item to Hong Kong" warranty, but I wouldn't rely on this too heavily, given Simply Electronics reputation on the internet (google for the other thread called Simply Electronics: Warning on avForums).

Ah cheers. I guess the Apple shop it is. :cheers:

Confirmed in their Terms & Conditions, that you're responsible for customs & import taxes:

Order Acceptance and Importation

Simply Electronics is located in Hong Kong. By displaying products on the Simply Electronics website, Simply Electronics is making an offer to sell such products only to those who are legally capable of accepting, and do accept, such offer in Hong Kong. If you place an order for products shown on the Site, your order will be deemed an acceptance in Hong Kong of our offer. We may confirm our receipt of your acceptance by sending a confirmation to the e-mail address that you provide. In addition, Simply Electronics shall only provide sourcing of your product(s) for your import to your country outside of Hong Kong, and you agree that you are the sole importer of the product(s). You undertake any responsibility and liability in that your purchase can be imported in compliance with, including but not limited to, customs regulations, holds, detentions and seizures, and copyright and trademark laws, of your requested country of import for your product, and you agree to comply with all laws and regulations of the country in which the product(s) is to be delivered.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts