Ipad 3 Review Info for WhatHIFI

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Before you go to press with your Ipad3 review, I thought I'd bring a bit of information to your attention.

Be careful before gushing about the IPad3s performance when internet browsing - as it turns out all images are downsampled by Safari.

It means that you can't view HD-quality online pictures from sites like Flickr, Smugmug, or Zenfolio in their true native glory because the iPad 3 will reduce the viewable resolution. This also happens if you try to view the JPEG file directly using the iPad 3’s Safari Web browser.

For example

7360x4912 becomes 1372x982

5184x3456 becomes 1296x864

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
You'd think that the so-called 'Ultimate Review' would notice that images are downsampled when using Safari.

Makes you wonder if they even tested the new Ipad or just assumed how things would look to be one of the first out with their review.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
AnotherJoe said:
You'd think that the so-called 'Ultimate Review' would notice that images are downsampled when using Safari.

I wouldn't expect a hi-fi magazine to care about that, doesn't matter how far you stretch the definition, browsing webpages is not relevant to hi-fi.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts