Internet radio connected to naim neat5i using 3.5mm jack to bnc cable, getting mains hum

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Using a pure evoke flow, when connecting up to my naim neat5i amp I get a loud hum from my main loud speakers (dynaudio Focus 110)during quite pieces of music. Tried all combinations of outputs from radio to amp inputsand wifi channels but no improvements. Also got Pure Classic One NO PROBLEMS encounted. Any suggestions please?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I tried this once. (3.5mm jack --> 3.5mm jack lead plugged into the front mounted 3.5mm socket on my old Nait 5i from the 'stereo out' socket on the back of the Evoke Flow.)

No hum at all.

Not sure where the 'BNC cable' comes into it. (There is no BNC on a Nait 5i) If you mean 5 pin DIN, then I would suggest not using that. Get an RCA phono --> 3.5mm lead instead. (Cost about £3 from most large Tesco stores.)

A

Anonymous

Possibly a ground loop. Unplug everything then plug in and test one by one until you find the culprit.

A

Anonymous

Sorry meant Phono plugs, Thanks for the comments, got in touch with pure customer support, they are sending me a new power supply. Probably unlucky to have a faulty power supply, hope this solves problem. Let you know.

A

Anonymous

New power supply didn't help, got in touch with supplier, sent me a replacement evoke flow radio. Still get a slight hum but not noticeable as reception and sound is much better. Now one happy bunny.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts