Intergrated/Power Amp

Dermondo

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
Hi, at the moment I have a denon 2311av amp but at a later date I would like to add an amp to spice up things a wee bit especially in the music department, the thing is which route should I go, power or intergrated, any assistance would be helpful.

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
Dermondo said:
Hi, at the moment I have a denon 2311av amp but at a later date I would like to add an amp to spice up things a wee bit especially in the music department, the thing is which route should I go, power or intergrated, any assistance would be helpful.

An integrated will probably sound better than a power driven by your AV amp, in my experience the Pre amp stage in an AV amp is not up to that of an integrated, I went for Pre & Power in the end the Pre has a HT Bypass and I run my AV amp through when in surround. One option might be to look at a power amp then in the longer term add a Dedicated Pre? Whatever route you choose make sure you demo.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Dermondo

What is your budget? Kronos AV has an ex-dem M6i (which has HT bi-pass) for £1499, as well as other good offers in their sale (see Kronos Sale thread).

Regards

Cno

TRENDING THREADS