Interconnects - Chord Cobra vs. Atlas The Navigator ???

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Atanas Rangelov said:
Well , I think I know what is the differece between silver and copper speaker cables , but does the silver makes such a difference when we talk about I/Cs ? Why would you avoid them ?

IMO Silver coated cables sound "artificially" bright. I believe you should stick with either solid silver or solid copper.

The argument goes (if you believe it):

The Treble (which passes along the silver part of the cable), travels quicker than the Bass (which travels along the copper part)....due to the different conductivity/resistance of the two metals. This causes the "so called" perceived brightness. I prefer to stick with a very pure form of copper combined with superior dielectrics.

atanakata

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
That was very convincing. Thanks a lot for your help. I`ll bare that in mind., especially if a bit on a brighter side like my one.The copper will soften the sound probably. I noticed this when I change my Cambridge A. silver speaker cables with the copper - ProAc Signature Black Speaker cable. The sound now is definitely more natural than before .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts