Interconnects - Can You Justify Them Anyone?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

I guess it depends on whether we're talking cheap in price, or cheap in quality.

A

Anonymous

I have always believed that you get what you pay for. This is not to say that there are not some 'bargains' to be had out there, as in good price for good products, but for example, you wouldn't look at a $1 per metre cable, if you had a $3,000.00 pair of loudspeakers.

A

Anonymous

The integrated is going to be updated, but if you need any information or questions could anyone please use the contact us on the website and not this forum. Thanks.

A

Anonymous

I used to believe you get what you pay for, but haven't believed in this mantra for many years now. For example, if you have two cable manufacturers selling essentially the same quality of cable, their selling price will be determined by any number of factors that have nothing to do with the cable, including:

Marketing costs, staff costs, R&D costs, rent, rates, power, co. cars, sales & marketing strategy, borrowing obligations, place of manufacture etc. etc.

I come back to the fact that if a cable co. publishes the electrical characteristics of the cable, and the cheap is the same as the expensive, they must perform the same. Anyhting else is the users imagination. The more expensive the article, the more premium the brand, the better they are at selling intangibles.......

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The whole cable thing is very system dependent - I've used systems in the past where some cables just didn't do anything special in the system, and others just transformed it, a little like amp and speaker matching.

The best way to choose cables, particularly at this price level, is home auditioning over a period of a week or two. Any decent dealer will let you try cables like this for that period of time. After all, it's your system and you have to justify your own upgrades.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts