Interconnect question

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Gbeer7:Cheers Guys, Great advice. Biggest thing you learn is its all down to personnel likes and dis-likes. There is no straight anwser is there !

If only more contributors acknowledged that!
emotion-1.gif

I take the really opinionated posts with a healthy portion of salt and then try to wade through the chat, tirades, general tomfoolery and wind-ups for a few nuggets of useful guidance. It's all very entertaining, and I could (and arguably do) waste hours browsing the forum.
emotion-2.gif

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
igglebert:Without wanting to be a downer here, I bought a cable from ebay and it was in a terrible state.

I admit that I have been lucky so far. The worst I have experienced is a cable that was obviously from a heavy smoker's home (and no warning was on his auction page); the packaging and cable reeked, but I can live with that.

Mind you, I am reassured to read that the standard VdH colour tends to be tobacco-stain yellow!
emotion-1.gif

I think we all need to acknowledge that any such source of components is risky on some level - we just have to be willing to apply the 'caveat emptor' rule to ourselves. I always check the seller's pedigree as far as is reasonably possible, but you can't be 100% sure.

On the flip side, some sellers are exceptionally generous, especially if they realise they are dealing with a genuine fellow enthusiast - I have had several extras thrown in with purchases simply because I have struck up a friendly conversation during the auction.

As with most things in life - it's a question of balance.

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
JoelSim: The Chameleon is a bassy cable, if you want something a little lighter then you could do worse than a vdh D102 III

When the other half finally goes out for an evening I may be in a position to judge for myself!
emotion-6.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts