Interconnect advice please.. Source -> Pre Amp.. Naim -> Cyrus

BigColz

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Just bought a Naim ND5 XS streamer to run into my Cyrus Pre/Power.

It sounds absoluty Fantastic as a combo. I tried it in the shop with Chord Cobra which is a 'warm' cable but it's obviously very underpriced for the rest of my kit and don't want to be bottlenecking detail and sonic character because of a cable..

I'm going to run it in with a Cambridge Audio gold plated cable as i know it will take forever to run in.. Then i may audition some cables but just thought i'd get some advise.. The Chord Chorus and anthem have good reviews and seen people saying the jump from chorus to anthem is quite noticable.. The other option is the Cyrus interconnect which i use from my pre to power which is supposed to be very neutral..

Any advise would be great, I don't want a bright sounding kit but i don't want it to sound to muddy or warm as i know that would be the cable changing/cutting out parts of the signal.. As we all know it's impossible for a cable to improve the sound only to get it from a to b without loosing too much quality/affecting the sound.

Thanks Matt.

bluedroog

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Of not spend nearly enough time comparing cable A to cable B to discuss where the excel and how they present the music, however I bought Mark Grant cables and am very happy as are many other customers. Well made and although not cheap they are sensibly priced.

BigColz

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Is it the G1000HD cable you have? Reviews seem as though it is extremely good value for money and nuetral in all frequencies which is what i'm after.. If anything slightly fuller bass and not too bright which sounds ideal..

bluedroog

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, that's the one. My speakers are not revieling enough to really comment on sound but they feel quality and as you say come highly recommended.

A

Anonymous

I would be looking at the chord anthem or chorus if i were you, they will go well with your epic cable. best to try and get a home demo to find the best for you.

As an alternative i have had some tellurium q black cables on home demo for a bit and they are very very good. (just to throw a spanner in the works) :grin:

BigColz

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Ha cheers Stig.. I know it's a nightmare all this tweaking.. Yeah think i'll home demo the chords and hold off on more serious cables at a later date..

Ambrose

Feb 19, 2008
Visit site
BigColz said:
Is it the G1000HD cable you have? Reviews seem as though it is extremely good value for money and nuetral in all frequencies which is what i'm after.. If anything slightly fuller bass and not too bright which sounds ideal..

Hi,

I have the G1500HD, which are same except have Neutrik terminations. My views are mixed. Initially very good and produce big soundstage and deeper bass than other cables. It is easy to listen to, especially at high volume (not fatiguing) but starting to find the treble in my system lacks sparkle / detail.

It might be that in a brighter system it suits better, alot comes down to kit, personal pref and experimenting. If you are anywhere near Colchester try them. I am awaiting delivery any day on Linn Silver interconnect which I have taken a punt on. Mr CnoEvil rates this interconnect if this helps.

The Mark Grant is good value (I paid £75) and sounded good with my friends B&W CDM7 NT speakers which excel in treble.

Hope it goes well and be interested on your thoughts on the Chord cables as these were also ones I considered.

Cheers

Ambrose

BigColz

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it seems that the Mark Grant cables are great value for money but having 6.5k worth of kit i think i realistically need to aim for higher end cables to keep the Immense capabilities of my source and amp (i whole heartedly recommend these for anyone to try).. I think i'm gonna run in with some cambridge audio gold plated cables then do some home runs in a couple months.. Maybe Chord and Tullurium black and maybe (another) Cyrus interconnect.. Maybe any others recommended around £150-350????

Thanks for all the advice people :D

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts