Intend to buy Yamaha HS50M & HS10W: suitable for future home cinema / hifi use?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello All,

I am regular visitor of this forum and have really appreciated all the information that can be found here.

Now, I have the following situation. Beginning of this year I bought a Yamaha arranger keyboard (Tyros 3) for which I intend to buy 2 x Yamaha HS50M active monitors and 1 x HS10W subwoofer. This keyboard will sound fantastic with this set.

In the (near?) future I also would like to build up a dedicated Home Cinema set (projector, blueray, speakers).

I intend to use these Yamaha speakers not only for my keyboard but also for my home cinema setup. However, I have a few hesitations/questions before buying.

- How would these speakers sound when I use them for Hifi and Home Cinema?

- How should I connect them to an AV receiver? Is this possible as they have different connectors? (XLR, I believe)

-  Or should I connect them directly to a Blue Ray player with a decoder

Obviously, if I buy these, I will need to upgrade with a centre speaker and at least 2 rear speakers. 

For AV receiver, I intend to put a Yamaha RXV 1900 or comparable on my shortlist, as this has been very well rated.

Music/Movies is 30%/70%

Does anyone have experience and/or views on this? 

I also considered the B&W 685 theatre set but I don't know if these will fit to my keyboard (and I don't know how they would sound too).

Background of my considerations is that I only would like to place one set of speakers for my keyboard/home cinema/hifi requirements.

I hope I described my challenge in a clear way and would really appreciate any solution for my 'problem' you could share with me.

Thanks for your help!

- Jacob 

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Not familiar with the HS50M or HS10W or the keyboard but had a quick scan on t'interweb and the keyboard has AUX out and line out - if these are ordinary audio connections then you could connect the keyboard to the amp and get sound out of your B&W's.

Surely a £2700 keyboard deserves better than £170 monitors?

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

A

Anonymous

Hi Cofnchtr,

ÿ

Thanks for your quick reply, appreciate it! The AUX out and line out are 'jack' connections. Reason for me to consider these monitors is that the originally provided keyboard speakers are really rubbish and these were tested quiet OK when connected to a keyboard (considereing price/quality). Was just think to buy these now and then use them as main fronts in a HS setup in the future.

I will check if I can have them demo'd somewhere to judge HS performance.

Cheers,

Jacobÿ

A

Anonymous

Hi Cofnchtr,

ÿ

Thanks for your quick reply, appreciate it! The AUX out and line out are 'jack' connections. Reason for me to consider these monitors is that the originally provided keyboard speakers are really rubbish and these were tested quiet OK when connected to a keyboard (considereing price/quality). Was just thinkin to buy these now and then use them as main fronts in a HS setup in the future.

I will check if I can have them demo'd somewhere to judge HS performance.

Cheers,

Jacobÿ

TRENDING THREADS