Question Integrated amplifier for Linn Axis

cmdk

Jul 13, 2021
Visit site
Hi I need some help to find an integrated amplifier for a Linn Axis turntable with Castle Knight 5 speakers as my musical fidelity A100X has problems with phono stage.

I'm currently considering Audiolab 6000A/ Marantz PM6007 but am also flexible with budget if there are better choices out there.

Would love to get some advice/ recommendation, thanks!

cmdk

Jul 13, 2021
Visit site
If it is just the phono stage might it not be more economic to simply buy an external phono preamp?

Woah didn't expect to get a reply so fast, thanks for replying!

Need to take consideration of space plus the weather here is not exactly ideal as the the amp can get extremely hot (I was new to turntables when I purchased the speakers and amp for the linn axis which I got as an used item, I read online that the A series can get very hot but didn't expect it to be that bad).

But will do some research on phono preamp as well thanks!

Gray

There's a good chance that simply cleaning the contacts of the input selector switch would completely cure the problem on your MF amp (especially if the symptom is intermittent).

If you decide on the phono preamp option though, I'd start your research with this:
and another review:

Reactions: nopiano and Al ears

Clarkey_71

Oct 12, 2007
Visit site
My first deck was an axis!!!!

Great memories!
It had a Linn K9 moving magnet cartridge.
Not sure what cartridge you are using, but if you are using a moving coil cartridge, Graham Slee are always worth a look.
This is their entry level mc phono stage.

This is their entry level mm phono stage.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts