Integrated amp for Monitor Audio RX8

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there,

as you see i'm new to this forum, but i have followed this forum for a longer time.

Last year i was looking for an alternative for my old sony str-db 930 A/V receiver, CD player and my old canton movie system. At that time i had demo some stereo amps (such as creek evo 2, nait 5i, rotel 1520, marantz pm 8003 and speakers like Neat Motive, Elac FS 247, Key Iq/xq). Actually my budget was about 3.000 €, but due to some other cost i had t lower my budget. Even though i was looking for an stereo amp, i ended up with a Marantz SR 6004 AV receiver, Marantz CD6003 and the MA RX8 (i had an good offer from a local dealer that i could not resist, demo at home before). I still use some of the canton movie system for surround.

I do not regret my choice, since the sound of the system is good. But after a half year of listening, i'm missing something like more clarity (i can express this just in simple words). The bass is ok, its more around the "upper" level.

So i'M thinking to add a integrated amp later on this year to my current setup (as a seperate power amp). Even though the Marantz 8003 would be a good (design) match, what other matches would be a good recommendation for the MA RX8? On my list are the naim 5i / xs, Marantz 8003 / pearl lite / 15S2, Creek 5350, Musical Fidelity M3i, CA 740/840 (i'd rather would take the CA 650 design, but i'm not sure if there will be a 750/850 this year).

Since i'm parallel looking for a streaming solution such as squeezebox / sonos..., would a system like the naimuniti / unitiqute / linn majik Ds... in a position, to drive the MA RX8?

Thanks for your advice.[:)]

Greetings from Germany

Bungee

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your advice. I will have a look at Exposure (creek anyway), as i will find a dealer around. I do not like the design of the Roksan and that will also be a reason for a final decision.

Has anyone compared a Marantz 8003 or 15S1/2 with one of the mentioned amps (naim / creek / MF) in combination with the MA RX8?

Actually i really liked the combi of Naim 5i / Neat Motive, i had listen to last year. But it was to expensive for me. So maybe i thinking of getting a naim 5i / xs and maybe later on sometime switching from MA to Neat. But this could take a longer time. So i'm not quiet sure which way to go.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

The likes of the NAD C375BEE or the Arcam FMJ A38 integrated amps would be worth auditioning as well in my opinion.

The Roksan Kandy K2 could be worth throwing in as well

A

Anonymous

The Rotel RA1520 would be a good amp to demo as well

Superb synergy with the bigger Monitor Audio speakers; I nearly went for the RA1520 with RX2's myself but the NAD and B&W combo just pipped it for what I wanted

For me, NAD, Rotel and the more powerful Arcam amps suit the Monitor Audio speakers VERY well
emotion-11.gif

A

Anonymous

I had a demo with the Rotel 1520 with the linn majik 109, they were actually quiet nice (the same dealer / day i had the naim 5i / neat motive demo, and they sounded better to me than the Rotel / 109).

I will put Arcam on my list. I have read somewhere about someone who had the arcam A28 and MA and were not as much satisfied, something missing. Can't remember. But the A38 seems to have some more drive
emotion-2.gif
NAD: I have read a lot about this match, but to be honest: i've never liked the NAD design. It's like you like it or you hate. I lean towards the second one
emotion-1.gif

I've a dealer around where i could demo at least the CA, Creek, MF 3Mi, Rotel and nait. About Arcam and Exposure i have to look where to find. I'm not a friend of ordering things online just for testing. It's always some expens for the dealer and maybe for me, and also not always fair for the dealer.

hifilover1979:

The Rotel RA1520 would be a good amp to demo as well

Superb synergy with the bigger Monitor Audio speakers; I nearly went for the RA1520 with RX2's myself but the NAD and B&W combo just pipped it for what I wanted

For me, NAD, Rotel and the more powerful Arcam amps suit the Monitor Audio speakers VERY well
emotion-11.gif

So does Creek. I found when I heard the RS8s they really needed a fast, taut bass - that's pwerfect for the newer Creeks and possibly the higher end Rotels.

Ben K.

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I have recently spoken to monitor audio about a good choice of amplifier for my rx8's. Strangely they have recommended demoing a cyrus 8xp. They say it will suit my speakers and taste in music (dance, hip hop, pop). Luckily for me my local dealer stocks cyrus, arcam, and creek so these will be the 3 makes I'll demo when I have finished saving up. A general opinion on all forums is to avoid cyrus/ma combo's like the plague. I find it very odd that ma themselves suggest cyrus out of all the choices they could suggest? Only a demo will tell as always.

ps they also suggested a moon i-3 although that was way over my proposed budget of around £1500

Ben K. said:
I have recently spoken to monitor audio about a good choice of amplifier for my rx8's. Strangely they have recommended demoing a cyrus 8xp. They say it will suit my speakers and taste in music (dance, hip hop, pop). Luckily for me my local dealer stocks cyrus, arcam, and creek so these will be the 3 makes I'll demo when I have finished saving up. A general opinion on all forums is to avoid cyrus/ma combo's like the plague. I find it very odd that ma themselves suggest cyrus out of all the choices they could suggest? Only a demo will tell as always. ps they also suggested a moon i-3 although that was way over my proposed budget of around £1500

Monitor Audio also recommended to me Leema as well as Cyrus.

Ben K. said:
I have recently spoken to monitor audio about a good choice of amplifier for my rx8's. Strangely they have recommended demoing a cyrus 8xp. They say it will suit my speakers and taste in music (dance, hip hop, pop). Luckily for me my local dealer stocks cyrus, arcam, and creek so these will be the 3 makes I'll demo when I have finished saving up. A general opinion on all forums is to avoid cyrus/ma combo's like the plague. I find it very odd that ma themselves suggest cyrus out of all the choices they could suggest? Only a demo will tell as always. ps they also suggested a moon i-3 although that was way over my proposed budget of around £1500

Hi Ben K.

Densen's Beat B-110 Plus also worth a look as it also works superbly with Monitor Audio's Silver RX Series :) The presentation of the Beat B-110 Plus will also suit the types of music you listen to just nicely :grin:

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Ben K.

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Rick Densen seem to be hard to get hold of. How much would I be looking to pay for a b-110? I'd have to travel 2 hours or so to demo one but I suppose it would be worth it in the long run. I do like the ultra slim design, very helpful on a crowded av rack!!!

Ben K. said:
Thanks Rick Densen seem to be hard to get hold of. How much would I be looking to pay for a b-110? I'd have to travel 2 hours or so to demo one but I suppose it would be worth it in the long run. I do like the ultra slim design, very helpful on a crowded av rack!!!

Hi Ben K.

Your welcome.

The Beat B-110 Plus has a RRP of £1350. The slim design of the B-110 Plus (as with other Densen products) has a weighty and solid build to it and with excellent fit, finish and overall feel. Class :)

The quality of power of the B-110 Plus and its musical performance will energize your Silver RX8's :rockout: I think it is worth the time and effort to audition the B-110 Plus :grin:

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts