Initial thoughts on Parasound...

Mike_Schmidt

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
...out is my Cyrus Pre Xvs with PSX and two Smartpowers. I kept my 8SE with PSX and now have Parasound A21 and there JC2 Pre amp. On the first hour lets you know how really good Cyrus is at a smart price. There is lots more power on tap but I only had the smartpowers, so well see in the morining after 12 hours of play. They sound fluid and Dynamic but so did my Cyrus...in due time.

Mike_Schmidt

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
Replying to myself I seem to do alot of that, (talking to myself)!

After one day, it offered a big improvement in the smoothness and detail, the Cyrus had just as much detail but not near as smooth in the presentation. It really balanced out overnight were it would tend to push foward that has all ready dissapered and is more balanced across the board. Its only day 1 so things are going to really improve now for the next couple of days.

The odd thing or not so odd is economics of this all. My Cyrus Pre X, PSX and two smart powers cost the same as my JC2 and A21 combo here in Canada. But thats the same when Moon comes across to you guys, you pay in pounds what we pay in CAD.

and before I forget that 8SE is really really really good

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
Mike_Schmidt:Replying to myself I seem to do alot of that, (talking to myself)!

After one day, it offered a big improvement in the smoothness and detail, the Cyrus had just as much detail but not near as smooth in the presentation. It really balanced out overnight were it would tend to push foward that has all ready dissapered and is more balanced across the board. Its only day 1 so things are going to really improve now for the next couple of days.

The odd thing or not so odd is economics of this all. My Cyrus Pre X, PSX and two smart powers cost the same as my JC2 and A21 combo here in Canada. But thats the same when Moon comes across to you guys, you pay in pounds what we pay in CAD.

and before I forget that 8SE is really really really good

Congrats on the new toys!!!

BTW, you need to update your signature...

Mike_Schmidt

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
Well with 100 hours on them playing, my gosh! What a sweet powerful sound, its like symphony of a destruction. Everything is much more detailed, sharp and fun to listen to. The imaging is first rate and really tamed from my old Cyrus gear. The price I paid for the JC2 $4500 and the A21 $3000 is about the same as my Cyrus Pre Xvs PSX, and two smart powers. In terms of pound per sound Im sorry to say the 60lb A21 squishes my smartpowers and the Pre from Parasound is in a league of its own. All and all thats 100 pounds of equipment. Now I know how good that 8se player is, really good.

To sum it up, smooth, detailed powerful, and performs like no tomorrow. Im going to let them play for another day and then on my first day off (wednesday) Im going to do some listening.

P.S. the power amp runs so hot A/B that my room actually heats up.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts