Inception - May Contain Spoilers!

A

Anonymous

Superb film. Make sure you pay attention. No dozing through this one.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Hmmm. Leonardo DiCaprio.

Not sure I could watch a film with him in it. The reviews are (mostly) good but the trailer left me cold.

Intriguing subject but - it seems - lots of big macho guns on display. (At least in the trailer.)

I will wait until my oldest daughter has seen it first. She is the film 'expert' in our family. If she gives it the 'nod' i'll watch it.

scene

I'm seeing it this Thursday at the BFI IMAX at Waterloo - I'll give a review after then - hope it is good as the tickets have cost a fortune
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

chebby:

Hmmm. Leonardo DiCaprio.

Not sure I could watch a film with him in it. The reviews are (mostly) good but the trailer left me cold.

Intriguing subject but - it seems - lots of big macho guns on display. (At least in the trailer.)

I will wait until my oldest daughter has seen it first. She is the film 'expert' in our family. If she gives it the 'nod' i'll watch it.

Have to say I feel the same way after watching Shutter Island recently...the weakest part of the film is the casting of DiCaprio, he just can't carry it off. It was a thoroughly engrossing film with great supporting cast and fabulously put together as you'd expect from Scorcessi, but Leonardo was just wasn't convincing...he seemed to be trying too hard to be Jack Nicholson or De Niro and will never be in that league in my opinion.

Still have to see Inception tho but heard that it was a bit 'over-complicated ' !!

A

Anonymous

This movie is great, as complicated or as simple as your mind wants it to be..a refreshing change to all the pop corn flicks that have come out this year. Although i did enjoy Shutter Island too.

Big Chris, without revealing any spoilers..your right about the van, but was it real life??
emotion-15.gif

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Chris Nolan makes some great films. Made me want to revisit 'Memento'. Might even track down 'Insomnia', which I've not since since watching it on Honeymoon in '02....... In Hawaii.....
emotion-2.gif

scene

Saw it last night at the BFI IMAX
emotion-11.gif

And I thought it was a fantastic film - really enjoyed it. Didn't feel like it was too long and the editing seemed pretty tight. (OK, couple of places where it could have been tweaked, but nothing detracted from my enjoyment of the film.) Didn't really notice the time passing and found it thoroughly engrossing. You do have to stay awake though, or you can get lost in the plot - five of us went last night and one person lost focus a couple of times and found it hard to follow and much less enjoyable after that.

I'd thoroughly recommend seeing it
emotion-21.gif
and yes, who'd have thought a van could take that long to fall...

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
I'm obviously far too simple for it, it left me cold and bored and i really didnt care by the end, in fact, i stopped caring long before the end.

The OTT soundtrack to Shutter Island would be funny if it were not so panto. Not much else worth saying about it.

A

Anonymous

Loved it, would highly recommend!! Best trip to cinema for quite some time in my opinion. And I'm thinking some great blu-ray moments to be had when released...............

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts