Inability to delete post unnecessary

markyd

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I've not been on the site for a while, and I just started a post in one of the sub-forums. I noticed there were a couple of replies and also a duplicated post and appology for miss post. I relied to the post and the word verification didnt work, so I posted again, and low and behold my post had gone up twice.

I tried to delete the offending duplicate, but the option is no longer there.

Why???

This is not necessary. Posters should be allowed to modify and remove thier own posts. It just makes a thread easily become full of duplicates.

Also the word verification is very boring.

I never remember spam ever being posted in this forum.

Please fix this WHF

markyd

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I was going to add something to my post - but there does not seem to be an edit function, so I am making another post!

No edit or delete function but a huge box of smileys is available.

Might as well use them

:?

Correction - Edit is not available in the first post, but is in the second

:roll:

John Duncan

Indeedy. The inability to edit topics that you've created is an anomaly that we found ourselves unable to resolve (when there was a 'we', that is...). We also thought long and hard about editing rights of subsequent replies, and settled on the principle that once serving has been replied to it shouldn't be editable so that history can't be rewritten :-D Further, I have had second thoughts about giving users the ability to delete their own posts after some recent events elsewhere. On another note you should find, however, that verification has now gone away for you.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
BenLaw said:
I always assumed that the inability to edit or delete an initial post was a direct response to the removal of the recipe for Irish stew.

Nope, not a clue, but whatever it means it's probably wrong – it's been the case from the start of this latest version of the site software.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts