in-car lead for Ipod Classic

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
...so my good lady bought me a 160Gb Classic for my birthday, but I can't seem to find a lead/cable that does what I need. Basically, I want a cable that connects to the port at the bottom at one end, and has a 3.5mm jack (or 2xRCA, not fussed) for audio output and a USB connector for power. So what I want is a standard dock without the plastic base around it (you can't use a car holder if your iPod is in a dock!) Has anyone come across such a thing?

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Sorry John, I was waffling.

I want to use the ipod in a car holder, but don't want leads everywhere, so want only to use the dock port for both charging and audio out (my car has an aux-in socket), but can't find a lead to do this...

One end of the lead = Ipod connector, other end = 3.5mm jack and power connector (usb would be best)

John Duncan

Look here and have a dig - bound to be something there. Aux out obviously better than an FM transmitter (though there appear to be more of those). Or go the while hog and have somebody wire it in for you - some cars are easy to do now.

A

Anonymous

A mate of mine has just had an ipod connection wired into his A4. It basically connects to the back of the head unit using the output that would have been used for a CD multi-changer.

This lead also charges his ipod.

If this is what you're after, let me know and I'll get the details for you.

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Hi Ketch - can't do that on mine as it has a changer built into the head deck, so has no CDC port - but thanks for the info anyhow...

And John - great site. I've found what I need - a Griffin AutoPilot - one lead from the ipod to the ***-lighter plug and a 3.5mm jack-to-jack from the ***-lighter plug to go to the aux in (which on my Octavia is right next to the charger socket).

As the Ramsay would say... DONE!

Shall I just arrange for a catering box of hobnobs to be delivered to chez Duncan...?
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Just get the Dension Ice FM Kit, I have one and its Brilliant, Its very easy to wire in also. It charges your ipod wilst sitting in a dock on your dash, I think this is what your looking for.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts