In a few years........

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
we will be getting a new hd system called super high hd vison, it has a 33% higher resolution than the hd today and along with others the BBC are said to be gearing up to use this system, it will not work on hd ready or full hd tv's as the resolution is to high for these tv's so when this system starts you will need a new tv if you want to watch in super high hd. I think blu ray is unaffected.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Yes, but Super Hi-Vision won't be mainstream for many many years to come. Not buying an HDTV now because this is coming out would be the same as saying 5 years ago, "Hey, don't buy a new CRT TV, wait for HD Ready TVs to be released because in 6-7 years time, everyone will have a few free HD channels on Freeview to choose from... maybe..."

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
Clare, do you carry around the WHFS&V 'ban button' in a special briefcase just like President George Dubya does with his nuclear obliterate everything button????? Oh the power...

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Clare Newsome"]

Yet another 'helpful' post from Crocguy - many more and my finger's going to hover over the 'ban' button[/quote]

Why would you ban me from telling people the truth, is the industry that scared that consumers will begin to realise that enough is enough, poeple are going to spend large amounts of money on a tv that will be going the way of crt in just a few years time where will it end.
emotion-40.gif

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
It's not. If you bother to do any research before posting, you'll see Super Hi-Vision requires a 24Gbs stream for broadcast which just isn't anywhere near possible in the UK for broadcasting television (source found here in 2 seconds by typing into Google). So the BBC may be thinking about this in their long term future plans, but it certainly is not going to replace HD broadcasts in the next few years and therefore you are not wasting your money buying an HDTV.

kitkat

Jun 18, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="crocguy"]
we will be getting a new hd system called super high hd vison, it has a 33% higher resolution than the hd today and along with others the BBC are said to be gearing up to use this system, it will not work on hd ready or full hd tv's as the resolution is to high for these tv's so when this system starts you will need a new tv if you want to watch in super high hd. I think blu ray is unaffected.
[/quote]

I have heard from a man in a pub that 150yrs from now cd's may become obsolete talk is we are getting something called mp300000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000+ so should I wait till then before I waste money on a new cd player.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Diamond Joe"]Clare, do you carry around the WHFS&V 'ban button' in a special briefcase just like President George Dubya does with his nuclear obliterate everything button????? Oh the power...[/quote]

It's just like the scene in Crimson Tide with the code-keys (though not with Tarantino script-editing!)
emotion-2.gif

I will point out about this thread that we always keep people up to date with forthcoming technologies - we first mentioned Super HD last May (here) and have referenced it since - but I detest people scaremongering.

It's tough enough deciding what TV to buy as it is, without unnecessary stress from false 'it's all going to be obsolete next Xmas' alarms.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="crocguy"]
[/quote] Next thing crocguy will be telling us in his next post that the Goverment are doing a Fantastic job running the country and that they wont mess up the Olympics in 2012! ROFL
emotion-19.gif

FuzzyinLondon

Dec 5, 2007
Visit site
I've already started saving for that 108" 4K Panasonic Plasma from CES. I wonder how HDMI sockets they can fit on that thing. Now just got to figure out where to put it.

kitkat

Jun 18, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="FuzzyinLondon"]I've already started saving for that 108" 4K Panasonic Plasma from CES. I wonder how HDMI sockets they can fit on that thing. Now just got to figure out where to put it.[/quote]

How about we all chip in a bit then saw it up and share it out.

FuzzyinLondon

Dec 5, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="kitkat"][quote user="FuzzyinLondon"]I've already started saving for that 108" 4K Panasonic Plasma from CES. I wonder how HDMI sockets they can fit on that thing. Now just got to figure out where to put it.[/quote]

How about we all chip in a bit then saw it up and share it out.[/quote]

I'll start the communal piggy bank

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts