Importing a windows media player playlist into itunes

A

Anonymous

In WMP10 or newer you can add the playlist to "Now Playing List" and then right click up the top, select "File" and then "Save Now Playing List as"

Make sure you select M3U from the file type section at the bottom and save.

This should now be able to be imported into iTunes.

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
Cheers TYP - sorted. One happy bunny.(well 2)

emotion-21.gif

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
Well almost- they did pull across into I-tunes and can play on the pc but 14 of the 15 tracks could not be sent to his i touch, saying "could not find original location" .These 14 in itunes had an info sign against them.Right clicking and pressing "get info" got rid of this sign and allowed them to be "sent " to the i-touch but they actually did not transfer to the touch,or show on the display.

Any suggestions?

A

Anonymous

Only assumption is that the file was moved, sometimes WMP and iTunes move files into their own library. Maybe this is what has happened here?

Check to see if they are still where they used to be if not they'll have been sucked into Apples library.

John Duncan

Ravey Gravey Davy:Anybody- I mean the question is more relevant than how much do you drink as far as the website's aims go.

Oh I dunno.

But as TYP says, it sounds like whilst you've imported the playlist, you haven't actually imported the files themselves (the exclamation mark is a giveaway). Have you added the files that are currently in WMP to the iTunes library? When you do so, you'll probably need to leve them where they are (as opposed to consolidating them into the iTunes storage location, since I'm guesing the playlist file will be pointing at thhe old WMP storage location).

Lastly (grandmother/eggs) - the files are actually in a format that iTunes can read, I take it, and not WMA (for example)?

Ravey Gravey Davy

Apr 28, 2008
Visit site
Cheers I will check it out later.

"Anybody- I mean the question is more relevant than how much do you drink as far as the website's aims go."

You may have noted from the slightly different tone that I was answering the other thread in an unquantified,too much, kind of way.

TRENDING THREADS