Immortalised in print!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Thank you to all who contributed to the 'Tell us what you love about hi-fi" thread I started a while ago. The next issue of the Ultimate Guide to Hi-Fi is winging its way back to us from the printers as I type, so when it goes on sale (April 10th) look out for contributions from forum regulars Anton90125, Dan1979, Fatboyslimfast, Ifitsoundsgoodlistentoit, JohnDuncan, Ketch, Murdo, Nads and Rev.
We've had a lot of fun putting together this issue, which boasts an all-new design aimed at delivering both more review pages for your money (with 120 pages of tests, plus system-building and buying advice) and more insight into the best hi-fi kit. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts once you've had a chance to take a gander.

A

Anonymous

Sounds good!

Are the ultimate guides included in subscription prices or are they extra? Just so i don't end up missing it, as my first issue has already landed on my doorstep
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

They're extra, I'm afraid to say, although if you're interested, you can now subscribe to the Ultimate Guide series in addition to the monthly magazine. You'll find the form on page 44 of the new issue.

A

Anonymous

Thought they would be, but you know... always better to ask just incase.

A

Anonymous

Just out of interest d_a_n1979.do you happen to own any albums by The White Stripes?

John Duncan

[quote user="Andy Kerr"]Thank you to all who contributed to the 'Tell us what you love about hi-fi" thread I started a while ago. The next issue of the Ultimate Guide to Hi-Fi is winging its way back to us from the printers as I type, so when it goes on sale (April 10th) look out for contributions from forum regulars Anton90125, Dan1979, Fatboyslimfast, Ifitsoundsgoodlistentoit, JohnDuncan, Ketch, Murdo, Nads and Rev.

We've had a lot of fun putting together this issue, which boasts an all-new design aimed at delivering both more review pages for your money (with 120 pages of tests, plus system-building and buying advice) and more insight into the best hi-fi kit. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts once you've had a chance to take a gander.
[/quote]

"forum regular"? Best hide that one from the wife and the boss then..........

Might have to change my name to CaptHobNob.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Clare Newsome"]
You can also subscribe to the new-look Ultimate Guides online - click here.

Otherwise every issue is available in WHSmiths and - as the saying goes - all good newsagents.
[/quote]What's WHSmiths then?
emotion-5.gif

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Andy Kerr"]Just out of interest d_a_n1979.do you happen to own any albums by The White Stripes?[/quote]

I do actually but its a sore subject.

Lets just say that the CD's got used instead of the normal 'coasters'. They have been re-ordered via Amazon so i am awaiting their delivery

Why'd you ask? I recently got OK-Go's latest album, very good on my system, hell of alot better then i though it would be. If you're not sure who they are Youtube - OK Go and look at the 'Here it Goes Again' vid. Very clever, funny too :)

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="JohnDuncan"][quote user="Andy Kerr"]Thank you to all who contributed to the 'Tell us what you love about hi-fi" thread I started a while ago. The next issue of the Ultimate Guide to Hi-Fi is winging its way back to us from the printers as I type, so when it goes on sale (April 10th) look out for contributions from forum regulars Anton90125, Dan1979, Fatboyslimfast, Ifitsoundsgoodlistentoit, JohnDuncan, Ketch, Murdo, Nads and Rev.

[/quote]

"forum regular"? Best hide that one from the wife and the boss then..........

Might have to change my name to CaptHobNob.[/quote]

I'd salute but might get crumbs in me eyes haha... :)

A

Anonymous

That OK Go video is superb, isn't it. I've had it on my iPod for ages (think I was testing video docks at some point, and it was one of the earliest worthwhile videos on the iTunes Store. Or so my memory tells me).
Reason I ask about The White Stripes is that I used a quote from your post to caption a fantastic picture of Meg in full flow (well, I think it's fantastic). The bit about 'cranking it up and feeling the music'. It just seemed to fit perfectly.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Ah right got ya...

Never occured to me to be honest.

Had my system cranked up last night after a trip down to London and back in the day, knackered but Timbaland's - Shock Value album (recently arrived from Amazon as well) is very VERY good and certainly bass-heavy. Think ive rattled some fillings loose!

The OK Go - Oh No album gives you a bonus DVD as well with some of their video's on. Here it Goes Again has to be one of the best ever!

A

Anonymous

thanks for letting us know Andy. will keep my eye out for the Ultimate Guide. would it be too much for me to expect that some of the manufacturers of Hi-Fi products would take note of our insights and use them as inspiration for new products? i only mention it because i am sitting here wondering what they are thinking about when they set about developing a new design/product...? maybe this topic needs another thread though...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts