Image Quality of Blu Ray on an older HD TFT TV

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a Philips 32PF9830 TFT HD TV, generally I love the performance of the TV and would like to get a Blu Ray Player. I currently have a DVD player that upscales to 576P and wonder how much better the image quality would be from a Blu Ray player given that the resoution of my TV is 768 x 1366 and not 1920 x 1080 that blu ray is capable of producing or would it be worth just hanging on until I can upgrade to a full HD TV?

Also any advice on which Blu Ray player is worth considering, the New Sony that is reviewed in this months magazine at £230 looks like a good choice, any thought would be appreciated.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I'm guessing your TV's resolution is actually 1366 x 768 (I know it sounds pedantic, but it's important you get it right as the first number indicates the number of vertical lines and the second the number of horizontal lines). If so, I believe it's worth it as my 42" Panasonic TV has exactly the same resolution and Blu-Ray looks fantastic on this. On the other hand, I don't know your TV so it might not be a question of Blu-Ray being worth it at that resolution, but will you notice the difference on a 32" TV...
Have you any opportunity to audition?

A

Anonymous

hi, i have a Samsung 32" lcd hd ready tv thats 18 months old and blu-ray looks amazing on that using my PS3 and the latest Sony had a really good review so i don't think you can go wrong.

Alan

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies, I think I will talk to my local hi-fi shop as they are usually quite accomodating with auditions etc.

I will post back here and update on how it turns out.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts