I'm very tempted......

..... to blag a demo of the Leema Pulse IV. All the reviews I've read have been very complimentary on its sound and connectivity. The only review that's fairly cold is What Hi-FIs, where it only achieved 3 stars.
This is quite common it seems when you read reviews of other kit, WHF always seem to be the odd man out. Anyway if you're auditioning you can disregard the reviews.

Reactions: nopiano
This is quite common it seems when you read reviews of other kit, WHF always seem to be the odd man out. Anyway if you're auditioning you can disregard the reviews.
I generally don't take much notice. I'm not going to bust a gut as my early version sounds so good for its price point and it's 14 years old, in that variant.

And I'm still lusting over the Dalis. But in a couple of weeks, who knows, I could have the up to date MK IV to directly compare.... purely for comparison and for the forum info only.

Reactions: Al ears
Doubt it will sound that much different to what you already have PP. Be interested to hear your thoughts though (y)
You're possibly right. But squeezed in between was the MK3, so the MK1 and 3 should, in theory, be a good reason to improve the platform of the Pulse family.

That said, my amp isn't a standard MK1. When I sent it back to have the headphone input sorted, Leema decided to change the headphone circuit board and replace the earthing loom with the MK3 version. How that compares with a bog standard MK1, I've no idea - not heard any other MK1.

record_spot

Don't think you can really go wrong with Leema gear. Plus, good customer service too. How much of a difference beyond the display in the new model, and especially when the original was already very good? Hard to say. Glad to see they haven't futzed around with the design too much. Always liked that minimalist fascia. I used to have the original Pulse amp and Stream CDP (at different times). Both excellent, the Stream especially.

What needed sorting? Was it a physical socket problem?
I just wondered because, I otherwise like the look, but I'd always rather see a quarter inch headphone socket on serious gear - the trend seems to be toward 3.5mm, which I believe the CA Evos have too.
It had a hum but on headphones only. No hint of a hum through the speakers. The retailer didn't give a monkeys, but as it was brand new and still in warranty, I went straight to Leema.

Reactions: Gray
Don't think you can really go wrong with Leema gear. Plus, good customer service too. How much of a difference beyond the display in the new model, and especially when the original was already very good? Hard to say. Glad to see they haven't futzed around with the design too much. Always liked that minimalist fascia. I used to have the original Pulse amp and Stream CDP (at different times). Both excellent, the Stream especially.
Exactly. They seem to be a brand that keeps on giving in sound quality and connectivity.

As I've owned two of their amps, can't see myself with any other make of amp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts