I'm furious about Amazon Prime Video's new prices, and not because of the ads

Guy4510

May 11, 2021
Visit site
Thank you for pointing this out and you have every right to be furious. The way Amazon (and some other streaming services) treat their customers is appalling. I guess we have to speak with our wallets and decide if we want to support their model, personally I don't. We all have a choice, they are compromising performance for their profits, the majority of consumers won't even notice, or care, however enthusiasts like us should just move on, buy more content and own it, or subscribe elsewhere IMO.

Reactions: DougK1

mafrost

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Thank you for highlighting the removal of Dolby Vision and more importantly to me, Atmos from the standard plan. I was willing to sit through the odd advert but am not willing to be forced to pay extra for Atmos. I'm speaking with my wallet and have subsequently just cancelled by Prime subscription.

DegreesOfSeparation

Nov 2, 2021
Visit site
I cancelled my Prime subscription on the weekend before the ads were implemented, but I had no idea about Dolby Vision and Atmos. This just reinforces my original decision.

If it wasn't for the fact I have a Kindle, I'd move away from the Amazon ecosystem entirely.

Noonsy

Feb 14, 2024
Visit site
Ive tried to contact Amazon help, prime video and prime video UK and Ireland three times since January with no reply. It is not clear how when you have paid for a years subscription they can lower the level of service and change the T&C's of their service during a contract. I could understand if that would apply when I next renew but not during the contract itself. Ads was bad enough but now reducing the quality as well

ajr37

Mar 23, 2024
Visit site
You also have to pay each month for Dolby on films that you buy or rent. Even previously bought films now have Dolby removed unless you pay monthly. Utter con!

AlastairB

Aug 26, 2023
Visit site
Amazon has so little Atmos content that losing it is no loss.
They should be concerned though: for most subscribers, this just makes their already quite weak offering even less worthwhile. In the time when consolidation is underway, and customers are pruning their subscriptions, that's not too bright...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts