Ikon sub (how to connect to Onkyo SR605 in powered mode)

PaulShaw01

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
I have an ikon sub, but only have it connected to the sub output on my Onkyo SR605. It's a powered sub, but I'm not sure have to connect it up to the Onkyo in power mode (so to speak).

Anyone help?

In saying that, it sounds good anyway!!!!! :)

A

Anonymous

Confused, you want to unplug your sub and have your onkyo power it?(!)

PaulShaw01

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
sorry, let me clarify..... I have it connected to the pre-out of the receiver and into the LFE on the sub and it works fine.

The question I have is that I can't use the crossover functions on the sub itself, as I would need to run the receiver into the L / R inputs on the sub to enable them.

I think that I can alter the cross over frequencies on the reciever, but I was trying to find out if i could alter on the sub as this functionality is available (and am assuming would provide a greater sound??)

Hope this helps, and apologies for the confusion.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
I'm sure the bulk of people let their receivers do their filtering. I can't see any reason why the quality would be better using analogue inputs over the co-ax.

PaulShaw01

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for that. I recently invested in Dali Icon 6 surrounds suite (including sub), Marantz CD6002, Denon DVD1940, and the Onkyo reciever, and therefore am currently at the stage of tinkering to get the best sound possible.......

The sound is fine, and I get the rumble and vibrations when watching DVDs etc.......just wanted to check whether I could refine it further.

I've actually got another question on the forum for cables to buy for the CD & DVD connections to the receiver.....the tinkering continues!!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts