IKEA Tobo TV Bench - Question for BIG CHRIS

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

Im looking at buying the Tobo TV Bench from Ikea. I noticed from an old post by BIG CHRIS that he has/had his receiver in the centre instead of the drawers, shown below.

Just wondered is it possible to use one of the glass shelves in the centre section? Is it the same width? The reason I ask is that I would like to put the centre speaker on a shelf instead of on the top, if that makes sense? Cheers

l_caa0a77dabf31fec69c7d619c566f746.jpg

<>

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Unfortunately, the centre section is slightly wider than the end sections, so you can't use the supplied glass shelves in the centre.

EDIT: I will get a tape out and measure it just to be 100% sure it's different. Will try to post back today or tomorrow.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply.

Thought that might be the case. Think im still going to buy regardless as it looks like a good buy. Might be able to find a solution once I get it home. Cheers.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Of course you could go to your local glass cutting company and get a shelf made for the centre section.....should not cost too much money really.......

Just a thought....

A

Anonymous

Hey Big Chirs,

If you could post the meausrement of the centre section that would be awesome. I am looking at getting this unit and contacted Ikea today about getting the size of the middle section but they said that I have to visit the store which is 300 km away. I do not want to make the trip to find out it wont suit. I am looking at putting my centre speaker in the middle section - a PSB Image C5 - if the middle section has a width of at least 50 cm then I am fine Any measurements that you may be able to provide would be greatly greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Michael

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Looks like I was wrong. All 3 compartments are just over 54cms wide. The shelves then may well fit in the middle section (holes permitting).

TRENDING THREADS