iFi Go Link

Boxinghris1

Jul 6, 2023
Visit site
For iphone users it may not be beneficial as the £9 DAC is, tested by various people, really good already.
I use an iPhone and the DAC isn’t great at all unless you’re only comparing it to other phones.

The What Hi-Fi reviewer actually used an iPhone and states “We find a similar performance uplift when plugging in the Go Link to an iPhone 12 Mini using the Lightning adapter and listening to Tidal Master tracks.”

Sounds like the Go Link is beneficial to me.

Checo F1

Jul 7, 2023
Visit site
Tried this DAC today and it will be returned tomorrow. It's an extremely disappointing toy.

Of three headphones connected, NONE had a solid connection. The 3.5 mm port is not deep enough and the headphone pins simply don't latch. At best, you hear one channel - maybe... sometimes... kind of... but not both, unless you practically sit on the connection. And if you do manage to force the headphone jack into the receptor so that you hear something in stereo, don't count on any enjoyment. The sound is shrill, undetailed, and brash, no matter the source material.

I'm shocked that What Hi Fi could give the iFi Go Link a good review. It's hardly a decent piece of kit, and you should be ashamed to be recommending it. I don't think I'll ever trust What Hi Fi again.

Boxinghris1

Jul 6, 2023
Visit site
Tried this DAC today and it will be returned tomorrow. It's an extremely disappointing toy.

Of three headphones connected, NONE had a solid connection. The 3.5 mm port is not deep enough and the headphone pins simply don't latch. At best, you hear one channel - maybe... sometimes... kind of... but not both, unless you practically sit on the connection. And if you do manage to force the headphone jack into the receptor so that you hear something in stereo, don't count on any enjoyment. The sound is shrill, undetailed, and brash, no matter the source material.

I'm shocked that What Hi Fi could give the iFi Go Link a good review. It's hardly a decent piece of kit, and you should be ashamed to be recommending it. I don't think I'll ever trust What Hi Fi again.
So everyone else who’s already tried the DAC and made positive comments must be mistaken, as must the What Hi-Fi reviewer?

Are you suggesting they’re all hearing shrill, un detailed and brash sound, and misinterpreting it as an increase in air, space and detail?

You’re entitled to your opinion of course, but when you then accuse others of ignorance or even dishonesty you’ve crossed a line.

It’d be like me noting that you joined the What Hi-Fi Forum just an hour ago to trash a new product that others already have experience of.

Obviously there’s no ulterior motive to behind your post.

Ahmed360

Aug 8, 2023
Visit site
Can you do a comparison (table for example), comparing these portable DACs?

I'm using Fiio KA2 (with HD660S) currently and would like to upgrade, but just reading a review on one, is not enough to jump ship if i don't know what I'll be benefiting from the upgrade.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts